Sign in to follow this  
Kiddetailer

Car wax and opti seal 24month life?

this guy seems to know a but and states that pretty much all waxes and sealants dont protect against sun damage if past its temperature or life expectancy of 24 months.

what does optimum have to say about this?

Was just watching this video myself and this guy often knows what he is talking about but sometimes not? I think he is right about how you store the products.

I have had Wax and Seal for more than 2 years (hard to use Seal up) and it's still effective.  We do recommend temperature ranges for best practices and it's possible products lose some effectiveness, but I doubt they become useless.  I have requested feedback from Dr G.  Optimum has never argued that Wax or Seal are superior to manufacturers clear coat...but will gladly compare Gloss-Coat or Opti-Coat Pro.

The guy video is dated  22 August 2017.
His video mentioned about the clear-coat's 50% at 5 years and 25% at 10 years.   00:25 of the video.

Dr.G from Optimum  mentioned something similar on the clear-coat's 50% at 5 years and 25% at 10 years.   17:00 of the pod cast.
The podcast is likely to be dated on or before 5 September 2016.

Here's the podcast -    http://carsyeah.com/ourportfolio/589-david-ghodoussi/

My OCW likely last  one or two months and that has UV protection.  After that, just repeat the application.