Can someone please replicate this method let me know your results?

I swore I would never get a black car again, but I ended up with one (Panamera S)

My goal is to not touch the car to minimize swirling.

I did the following and it seemed to work very well. I don't let my car get too dirty so not sure this would work for extremely dirty cars.

#1 I diluted 1/2 ounce of Optimum No Rinse into 2 Liters of water and put it in a pressurized sprayer that you can manually pump. Sprayed my whole car in this solution and then let it sit for a couple minutes.

#2 Used a pressure washer to rinse off. In other words, I am not using ONR as a waterless rinse, I am using it as a prewash.

#3 I used a foam cannon to foam the car with Optimum Car Shampoo and let sit on car for 3 minutes

#4 Use Wheel Woolies to wash wheels during this 3 minutes

#5 Pressure washer to rinse car off

#6 Use Leaf Blower to blow water off car and dry.

I did this without the ONR rinse the first time and it didnt work that well. I could see film and spots left. But when I added this step it seemed to work flawless.

I am paranoid about swirls so if I was going to wax my car, I probably would include a 2 bucket wash between step 5 & 6 so make sure there is no film left behind.

I couldn't see any road film left behind on this black car, but not sure how well you can see it on a black car?

Anyway, I was wondering if someone of you could try this method and let me know your results and post reply in this thread?

• 1 year later...

My new system of washing car is

Rinse car garden hose

Use Foam gun  with otimum car soap  let sit on car if not sunny 

Fill bucket with couple of gallons of water with two ounces of onr another with water 

Use wash mitt and dip in onr wash a panal ring out wash mitt 

Realy a two bucket wash  then rinse car   and dry with Opti spray wax there is no way you can scratch car 

I wash my car every week so realy the same amount of dirt 

One observation is that there is more dirt on my wash mitt when I rinse it then with the soap method??? 

And the car is very glossy and clean  more money yes 

More water yes but wow  

Archived