Maintenance Products

Tom

Have a Tesla Model S with Net Gen seats. Would like to know if I can use Opti Coat Opti Glass Clean and Protect on inside tinted windows as well as outside windows?  Can I use Opti Coat Protectant Plus on the dash and seats without making them shiny and glossy? What can I use to clean the instrument cluster and main 17” computer screen?

Welcome to the Optimum Forum!  We do not recommend Glass Clean & Protect on interior glass.  Yes, Protectant Plus is safe for leather and vinyl interiors and does not leave a shiny or sticky surface.  You can safely use No Rinse on all interior surfaces as well, including glass.

Yvan Lacroix, a noted Optimum Detailer uses the standard wash ratio of 1 oz. to 2 gal on all hard interior surfaces, even leather. Personally, I prefer Opti Clean at 1:4 for interior hard surfaces, as well as leather, gauges, Nav screens, even my phone and eyeglasses. I may be imagining things, but I feel Opti Clean treated surfaces such as touch screens resist dust and fingerprints better than ONR.

Bill

5 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Yvan Lacroix, a noted Optimum Detailer uses the standard wash ratio of 1 oz. to 2 gal on all hard interior surfaces, even leather...

You were talking about ONR W&S  and not OID right?

Coz yes ONR is great on all interior surfaces for a general wipedown.

Either No Rinse works equally well and ONR with Wax doesn't cause any interior issues.  I agree that Opti-Clean is the stronger cleaner, but my methodology is to use drying towels after finishing the exterior (still damp with ONR) to wipe down the interior - using what I have. 

Archived