Optiseal right after gloss coat application

dale.m

New to the forum and optimum products in general.

I recently applied gloss coat to my vehicle and followed up with optiseal giving only 15 minutes in between.  I read a comment from a detailer's YouTube video that gloss coat can be followed up with optiseal immediately after, but have now found this forum and read that there should be at least 1 hour cure time.

My question is how much did I affect the durability or strength of the coating by applying optiseal too soon? Do I need to reapply another coat? 

Another issue I had was condensation forming on panels after application of the gloss coat, due to being late in the day and higher humidity levels.  I went over those areas too with optiseal after I had noticed.  Would the condensation affect the coating's properties as well since they weren't protected in time?

Dale, welcome to the Optimum Forum!   Humidity causes Coatings to cure, and high humidity should speed the process.  You may be OK with your Opti-Seal application if the Gloss-Coat was surface cured and the same for condensation.  The only way to know is to wait several weeks for the Opti-Seal to vacate, then spray your car with water to see if it beads.  If it does, odds are you're protected.

Thanks Ron! I'll keep an eye on it.

I know gloss coat can be topped with a wax or sealant, but doesn't last long.  If not optiseal, what product do you recommend that would yield the longest in longevity for added protection?

• 10 months later...

Archived