rvidra

How to clean Big Red Sponge

What is the best way to clean the black of Big Red Sponge?  Mine looks filthy from use. Black. I have left it in bucket solution of no rinse and have rinsed and rung it till my hands got tired and it still looks dingy with dirt. I guess I am a little anal about it not looking 100% clean even tho I guess it is?  I saw someone mention wash machine but with what to clean it?  Or would soaking in bleach work?  Thanks for any help

Welcome to the Optimum Forum!  You should wash the Big Red Sponge periodically and not in the washing machine or in bleach.  Rinse it out in hot water and Power Clean/APC, or dish detergent.   This will allow accumulated dirt to dissolve.  Rinse until no more dirt is released.

The Big Red Sponge and not a cloth or microfiber. You dont clean it in a washing machine and you dont clean it with microfiber or cloth detergents...

As Ron said use APC or dish detergent (we all have dish detergents at home dont we?).

For some reason I find ONR stains wash media really badly. I have a couple of was mitts and the one I sometimes use with ONR is dark brown/black.

It is actually very clean but the staining doesn't come out even after washing several times. In the past I have gone back to doing a 'normal' 2 bucket wash a few times with it and the colour goes back to normal.

I'm really OCD about that too so I now use black microfiber towels to wash with ONR so I can't see it. :P