New user trying to formulate a plan

johnnyninja

I’ve found a lot of useful information on this forum, but I’ve also become a little confused as to what would be the best method for my needs. I’m getting a new car and plan on having it professionally detailed twice a year.  I live in Mass so winters are always tough on a car, and I want to keep it in decent shape between details. I will be using the no bucket, spray on and wipe off method.

I plan on using Protectant Plus on the interior surfaces and exterior plastic as needed. I was planning on using No Rince Wash And Wax for the exterior, but I’m wondering what the difference is between that and Opti-Clean? Is Opti-Clean more of a pre-wash? 

Thanks

ONR is the rinseless wash, that is you still use a bucket and wash in the normal way but instead of rinsing, you wipe off the excess water.  Opti-clean is a waterless wash, here there is no need for a normal bucket, you simply spray Opti-Clean on the paint and wipe off with a clean cloth.

You can use both products if the car gets very dirty i.e. spray Opti-Clean on the paint to help remove the dirt and then wash with ONR.  Opti_Clean has better cleaning abilities and more lubrication than ONR so you get better cleaning and less risk of damaging the paint.

Waterless washing is fine on most cars which do not get very dirty, if your choice is to stick with just waterless then buy lots of MF cloths and take your time

Just as Lowejackson states, I find Opti-Clean is an excellent pre-spray/bug/bird bomb product.  To wash a dirty car with Opti-Clean is more time consuming, but is safe for the paint - may need to go over several times and use more towels.  Opti-Clean is also a great household product, cleaning counters, appliances (stainless steel), tile, etc.

No, Opti-Clean will not protect the paint, just clean it.  Optimum Car Wax (OCW) or Opti-Seal will protect the paint or even better, Gloss Coat.   OCW and Opti-Seal are both very easy to work with.  Should be able to use either product to do an entire car in less than 10 minutes

Ok. Thanks. I’m in a condo so even though a one bucket wash would be fine, the perseption would be that I’m “washing my car”. Hence, the no buck method I’m trying to use. It looks like a cant get away with just one produce, so I’ll use one of the sealers, too. 

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I’ll use two methods depending on the situation.

Rinseless using ONRWW and Power Clean or Opti-Clean as a pre soak if needed for bugs. For a waterless method, I’ll use Opti-Clean with the Optimum Car Wax or Opti-Seal as a drying agent and for extra protection.

It took a few videos to wrap my head around how all the products work together.  Thanks again.

Archived