Sign in to follow this  
No Soap

Apex Detail testing

i think his results are accurate. Opti seal is a easy to use sealant but lacks durability and chemical resistance.

It would be fun to see a similar battle between opti seal and the new hyper seal.

Don't want to sound like a homer, but comments about one sealant being darker or having better shine are hard to quantify (or see in video).  And I've never quite come to grips with smaller, tighter beads being superior to larger ones - seems that beading is beading. 

Only just watched this video.  I enjoyed it, the one thing which stood out for me was even after all those chemicals were used on both products, you could still see the area where neither sealant was used.

I have said it before, the competition has caught up with Opti-Seal and whilst it would be great to see a comparison with Hyper Seal, it would simply be a matter of interest. I cannot easily buy Hyper Seal so as a consumer Opti-Seal is my only choice for a sealant from OPT.  Obviously it is still a good product and I still use it and will continue to recommend it but it no longer stands out from the competition.

Yes, as a consumer you definitely can buy Opti-Coat Hyper Seal. It’s available from your local Opti-Coat Pro installers, or it can be purchased directly by following these links

http://opti-coat.net/opts/hyper-seal

https://opticoat-pro.com/product/opti-coat-hyper-seal/

What is the technology behind this product? Is it a sealant or something else? I just want a sealant, I’m not a coating guy. :)

1 hour ago, No Soap said:

What is the technology behind this product? Is it a sealant or something else? I just want a sealant, I’m not a coating guy. :)

It's a sealant with SiO2 in it. 

22 hours ago, No Soap said:

Ok, so not for me then. :)

It’s not a coating if that is what you are thinking.  It’s a maintenance product.  Think of it as opti-seal on steroids.  

Optimum Power Clean will also remove Opti-Coat Hyper Seal.

My local dealer is not selling the Hyper-Seal to others than professional detailers, is it really so? I'm located in somewhere in Europe. :)