ONR Drying

Tom

It is perfectly fine if you see a little dirt on your towel making a pass to dry the paint.  Here's a tip when using the BRS or BGS.  After you make a pass with ONR and wither sponge, take one towel and remove the residue along with the dirt.  Come back with another towel and use your drying aid of choice or just lightly buff the surface. 

The polymers are there to encapsulate and safely lift away the dirt from the surface.

I sometime go over the same panel 3-4 times before Im confident enough to dry the surface. Beading is my indicator. If the ONR lies flat on the surface after 1 pass that tells me there is still dirt present and that another or more passes are required. Once the surface starts beading its clean enough to dry.

So I tried multiple passes and it works a lot better. Problem is most of the videos on YouTube are done with cars that barely look like they need clean. And not many people seem to be willing to show their drying towel. I think the key is pre rinse with power washer, pre soak with ONR then hit the panel 1-2 times. 

Archived