Sign in to follow this  
johnnyninja

Need to protect dash and keep the look as flat as possible

I have an Outback with the Eyesight system.  The manual does not recommend any sort of protectant, especially anything that increases gloss, to be put on the dash.  I plan on using OPP on the interior, but would there be a better solution for the dash? I’m probably being way over cautious...OCD is a bear to deal with :)

Also, I assume that I could use OPP on a mf cloth to clean smudges on the visors and headliner vs Opti-Clean?

Thanks

OPP works great on plastic, vinyl, and leather - it's a cleaner AND protectant and should have no issue with Eyesight (it's not glossy).   Opti-Clean is the stronger cleaner but does not replenish natural oils in leather.  If necessary, I would clean the interior with Opti-Clean, then treat it with OPP.

I missed following up on my second question. Would you recommend Optimum Power Clean for light finger smudges on felt visors and headliners? Maybe a 5:1 ratio using a mf cloth?

your question was about OPP (Protectant Plus) but yes, Power Clean in a light ratio will remove smudges on vinyl and fabric. 
As always with Power Clean, rinse thoroughly after use.

Always tread carefully when it comes to headliners, too much water can damage it.  Assuming it is not very dirty then you can often get away with wiping with a damp MF cloth.  I have used ONR but not tried opti-clean but it should work.