Anyone had problems with leaking sprayers?

I have had a few problems with spray heads, Hyper polish (twice) and OPP.  Hyper polish heads were quickly replaced by the retailer and I used a CarPro head for the Protectant Plus, which I thought did a better job.  Once lost half a bottle of Car Pro Eraser in the boot of my car.  That took a while to clean and remove the smell.

The lesson I learnt from Eraser is to give the top a quick tighten to make sure the shipping has not loosened it

A little understood/appreciated piece of car care is the different bottles and sprayers necessary.  Optimum found this out the hard way when Carpet & Fabric Cleaner & Protectant started eating the bottoms of bottles (as I discovered on my cabinet floor) - had to buy a new formula plastic bottle.  Optimum sprayers are not universal - we use a heavy duty model for Hyper products and even then, Hyper Compound requires a different sprayer than Hyper Compound...is hell on efficient flow in a distribution center.  Dr G has that responsibility, on top of a few others.

My favourite glass cleaner is made by a British company but the bottle design is poor.  It is common for the contents to 'burp' after it has been applied to a cloth.  This can be a tad frustrating, it is not a huge amount of product but I prefer the contents of a bottle to stay put after using them.

• 1 year later...

Just trying Hyper Polish and Intensive Polish for the first time - both leak through the NECK when shaken vigorously. (which is REQUIRED for these products). I have tried tightening as much as possible, but they always leak. Applying some plumbing tape fixes it, but I should not have to do this.  I have also reported this to my supplier - I'll demonstrate the problem to them if they ask me to, but otherwise I'll just carry on with the workaround - it's not a big problem.

11 hours ago, GregS said:

Just trying Hyper Polish and Intensive Polish for the first time - both leak through the NECK when shaken vigorously. (which is REQUIRED for these products). I have tried tightening as much as possible, but they always leak. Applying some plumbing tape fixes it, but I should not have to do this.  I have also reported this to my supplier - I'll demonstrate the problem to them if they ask me to, but otherwise I'll just carry on with the workaround - it's not a big problem.

We all had that problem and its an issue for the entire Hyper line...Sprayers are fine for detailer shops who polish all the time but if you leave it for a longer period of time it either clogs up or dies on you (this basically happened to all my sprayers). Also I found out hyper polish is very thin and hyper compound is very thick and both have issues with sprayers.

7 hours ago, A&J said:

We all had that problem and its an issue for the entire Hyper line...Sprayers are fine for detailer shops who polish all the time but if you leave it for a longer period of time it either clogs up or dies on you (this basically happened to all my sprayers). Also I found out hyper polish is very thin and hyper compound is very thick and both have issues with sprayers.

When you say "we all had that problem", are you referring to MY problem, where the polish leaks out at the point where the sprayer screws on to the neck? (I can't quite tell). The clogging is a completely separate issue, and I suppose the workaround for that would be to remove the sprayers after use and flush with water. HOWEVER, that may then require re-application of the plumber's tape - I don't mind applying the tape once, but I'd be a bit peeved if I had to do it every time..  (I don't think the tape is designed for repeated screwing & unscrewing of the fittings).  

I had lots of problems with the spray pattern but none with leaking caps.  Maybe I was lucky or perhaps there has been a change in the bottle or cap.  Plumbers tape is very cheap so if this works then just replace it as and when required.  Plumbers tape should last a bit, as it decreases the friction of the screw, just be careful not to over tighten the cap which will lead to more leaks