Sign in to follow this  
Rwlucas85

Anyone had problems with leaking sprayers?

Has anyone else had problems with the sprayers on the optimum bottles coming slightly unscrewed, just enough to leak product. I've lost a bottle of ID&GE and a bottle of OOC to my wife's trunk area with these sprayers. 

If you contact Chasaty at Optimum (chasaty@opticoat.com or 901-363-4955) she should help you.  That applies in the US,  you should contact your distributor if international.

I have had a few problems with spray heads, Hyper polish (twice) and OPP.  Hyper polish heads were quickly replaced by the retailer and I used a CarPro head for the Protectant Plus, which I thought did a better job.  Once lost half a bottle of Car Pro Eraser in the boot of my car.  That took a while to clean and remove the smell.

The lesson I learnt from Eraser is to give the top a quick tighten to make sure the shipping has not loosened it

A little understood/appreciated piece of car care is the different bottles and sprayers necessary.  Optimum found this out the hard way when Carpet & Fabric Cleaner & Protectant started eating the bottoms of bottles (as I discovered on my cabinet floor) - had to buy a new formula plastic bottle.  Optimum sprayers are not universal - we use a heavy duty model for Hyper products and even then, Hyper Compound requires a different sprayer than Hyper Compound...is hell on efficient flow in a distribution center.  Dr G has that responsibility, on top of a few others.

My favourite glass cleaner is made by a British company but the bottle design is poor.  It is common for the contents to 'burp' after it has been applied to a cloth.  This can be a tad frustrating, it is not a huge amount of product but I prefer the contents of a bottle to stay put after using them.