ONR vs Optimum Car Wash. Is one better?

7 minutes ago, Lowejackson said:

ONR is also a great light interior cleaner and I also use it for dusting duties in our home.

Thanks for the feedback. And the reminder of past discussions on which quick detailer is best for household duties. I still prefer the fresh scent of Zaino. :) 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/20/2018 at 2:46 PM, BradB said:

Thanks for the feedback. And the reminder of past discussions on which quick detailer is best for household duties. I still prefer the fresh scent of Zaino. :) 

Since this is the Optimum forum, I have to try to talk you out of Zaino, but if I can't do that, I can at least tell you to try Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine instead of Z6; I can't tell the difference between the two, and the DG is way cheaper.

40 minutes ago, Setec Astronomy said:

Since this is the Optimum forum, I have to try to talk you out of Zaino, but if I can't do that, I can at least tell you to try Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine instead of Z6; I can't tell the difference between the two, and the DG is way cheaper.

No worries, I will gladly convert to ONR. I’m getting soft in my old age. :) Besides, I just ordered a gallon of the wonderjuice. 

One of the nice things about ONR is just the sheer versatility of the product.  Great on  the exterior but also great on mild interior dirt, can be used by hand, in a steamer or extraction tool.  For example on leather, use with a short nap MF cloth, the kind of thing for remove polish and it will gently remove most dirt from leather.  Sometimes something stronger is required but ONR can remove a lot of dirt on its own.

I use the blue-ONR and also tried the green-ONR on interior and there is so little wax in the green stuff that it doesn't matter and if you look at other detailers many are using spray wax to protect the interior nowadays. I also clean stuff at home with ONR.

On 3/18/2018 at 11:06 AM, Setec Astronomy said:

I keep trying to like the multiple towel/mitt method, but I just don't.  I bought some different towels to try when the weather gets a little warmer.

Well, I just swirled up my better half's car with the "bucket of towels" method.  Used TRC Minx Royale towels.  I apparently suck at this method.  I wanted to get done before dark so I elected to try it again with these new towels...but I think I've exhausted my patience now.  I do have a MFT Extra Fluffy 600 GSM that I may try at some point.

Yeah, I probably should have done a presoak, but I don't seem to need to do that with my normal method.  It was faster than my usual rinse bucket method, but wasn't worth the swirling.

Oh no, that’s a bummer. Those are the same towels I was looking at for the same washing process. It’s obviously not a fool-proof method. Ugh. 

When things like this happen to me, and they do, I get so frustrated and explain to my wife “Why is it so hard to have nice things?” Whimper, whimper. :( 

17 hours ago, Setec Astronomy said:

Well, I just swirled up my better half's car with the "bucket of towels" method.  Used TRC Minx Royale towels.  I apparently suck at this method.  I wanted to get done before dark so I elected to try it again with these new towels...but I think I've exhausted my patience now.  I do have a MFT Extra Fluffy 600 GSM that I may try at some point.

Yeah, I probably should have done a presoak, but I don't seem to need to do that with my normal method.  It was faster than my usual rinse bucket method, but wasn't worth the swirling.

I disliked the regular minx towel as I found it to not be as good as their eagle edgeless for rinseless washing.  I disliked how the minx felt on the paint and the fact that it did not absorb water that well or even work with a drying aid that well.  I had no interest in the minx royale and you just gave me another reason to not even consider it.