Opticoat Care

Toga570s

I'm very experienced with conventional polishes and waxes. There are quite a few Opticoat products and I'm not sure what product is required to maintain the coating.

I'd expect over time to get contaminates that I'd used to remove using a detailer like Speed Shine and a clay bar. What should I use now?

Since the Opticoat is supposed to be a 2-3 year protectant. What do I use to maintain a gloss and water beading?

Overall it would be nice if an Opticoat expert told me how to maintain the cars. Cars are a white Mclaren and Mahogany Macan. Both garaged in northern CA. 

Thank you for having your vehicles coated, you will find that it’s a great investment. 

Please confirm what coating your received. If it’s Opti-Coat Pro or Opti-Coat Pro + you will have received a warranty card and they are warranted for 5 and 7 years respectively. If you received Optimum Paint Guard it has a 3 year warranty, and Gloss-Coat has no warranty, but will last 2-3 years with proper maintenance.

Maintenance is simple, keep them clean with Opti-Coat No Rinse on a regular basis, and if you wish to add a little more pop you can use Opti-Coat Hyper Seal as a drying aid.

To remove bonded contamination, we have 2 options that are very coating friendly. The first is a purely chemical decontamination.

wash the car with Opti-Coat No Rinse 

Apply FerreX, allow to dwell, but not dry, agitate with an Opti-Coat No Rinse dampened MF towel, then rinse.

Next, apply Opti-Coat Power Clean , allow to dwell, and rinse. 

Follow that up with a MDR bath, apply and agitate with a damp MF towel, allow to dwell, then rinse.

Finally wash with Opti-Coat No Rinse, dry using Opti-Coat Hyper Seal.

Seeing as your in California, a less water intensive approach is to wash the car with Optimum No Rinse(ONR), while the panel is still damp with Optimum No Rinse(ONR), apply one spray of Optimum Car Wax, and use the wax/onr mixture as your clay lube. Dry the panel immediately after you are done with the clay.

Here is a brief video describing the process 

Archived