Poli-seal on glass, plastic, and rubber

AKT

Not this coming weekend, but i’ll try Yvan’s pointers.

I’ll probably hold off in buying GPS. Wife is already giving me the “eye” with my current stash lol

thanks again!

AKT, not sure any Optimum products need to be worked until clear.  There are some older polishes like Meguiars 80 which worked best when worked until clear but most products these days do not.

I would suggest apply a dab or two onto your applicator and then see how that works.

Don't worry, we have all been given the 'eye' by our wives.  I am not brave enough to comment on the number of things she buys

1 minute ago, Lowejackson said:

AKT, not sure any Optimum products need to be worked until clear.  There are some older polishes like Meguiars 80 which worked best when worked until clear but most products these days do not.

I would suggest apply a dab or two onto your applicator and then see how that works.

Don't worry, we have all been given the 'eye' by our wives.  I am not brave enough to comment on the number of things she buys

I think i read somewhere in autogeek that a user worked poli-seal until clear and he got great results. That was what i was trying to mimic.

how big is a “dab” for you?

thinking about it, wife buys a lot but it’s always “for the baby” lol

thanks!!!

1 minute ago, Lowejackson said:

Start off with a small amount, maybe the size of a finger nail.  Experiment but a good starting point is Yvans rule of 2 for problem solving.  People either use too much product or work too hard

I did both and i started blaming the product. Sorry...

• 5 months later...

Where does the poli-seal product fit into the synergy system, what with the sprays seeming to be the most efficient polishes/compounds? Should I consider it being on a  progressive level of cut compared to the Hyper polish, or intensive polish? Thanks for helping me clarify its use within the system!

Poli-Seal is a whole different animal that the Hyper products (even GPS) - it's an all-in-one that cleans/polishes/seals.  It has much less cut than any of the dedicated compounds or polishes.  It works well on light marring but it's sweet spot is as a one step product.

9 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

Poli-Seal is a whole different animal that the Hyper products (even GPS) - it's an all-in-one that cleans/polishes/seals.  It has much less cut than any of the dedicated compounds or polishes.  It works well on light marring but it's sweet spot is as a one step product.

Thanks, Ron! I've been trying to justify buying this, but I have the Hyper system line, so maybe I'll  wait til after Christmas

Archived