OptMe

Hyper paint correction - black Porsche Cayenne

I have a 2011 Porsche Cayenne in Black that has some water spots from where a yard sprinkler sprayed it and got baked on in the sun and it also has some minor swirling.  I'm looking to get the paint cleaned up on it.

Any suggestions?

This would be my first time doing a paint correction but if I follow the process outlined in these couple videos and use the products/pads/tools mentioned would I be on the right track?  The videos make it look quite easy....or am in for a big surprise when I try it myself?

Here are the couple links I was looking at following:

https://www.facebook.com/OptimumPolymer/videos/1089233411101292/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6cLmo_NX9E

I agree with No Soap, first try MDR for water spots.  I think the Hyper Synergy would be overkill for minor swirls - Hyper Polish should easily clean up water spots and swirls.

@No Soap Thanks for the heads up on the MDR.  I will definitely use that prior to going through the HPCS.

Any additional advice or tips to be aware of for my black car on the HPCS processes?

Not from me...the videos are excellent and self explanatory.  You don't need a pad washer but keeping pads clean (or rotated) and damp really helps simplify polishing.

If not using the optimum pad washer what is the preferred method to wash the pad?  It sounds like I need to wash the pad between each panel correct?

Approx how many of each type of pad would I need to do my one SUV?

Some installers blow out pads with compressed air or high powered water spray.  You can use ONR as a cleaner and a a wheel brush (or even old toothbrush) can be used to break up polish.  How often to clean or replace pads is dependent on how quickly they "pack up" with polish. 

I found Power clean to clean pads really well. I spray PC (mixed 1:3) or other APCs on the pad and massage the polish out and rinse well. I repeat the process if needed.

Ideally, changing or cleaning the pad every panel will make life much easier.  A dirty pad is not efficient or effective.  The Hyper polishes do not seem to mind if they are still slightly damp with ONR