Alcantara Cleaning & Protection

What would be the best method (while staying within the Optimum system) for cleaning and protecting Alcantara?

My car is loaded with it and in high wear areas it appears to have the oily 'matted down' look that it can sometimes get. I have seen people get fantastic results from the dedicated Sonax cleaner, but I refuse to purchase a niche product that does only one thing. 

I am leaning towards either an ONR dampened towel (and I do mean dampened only - almost completely wrung out) at the standard dilution with a gentle scrub, or using Optimum fabric cleaner and towel, but I am not sure what dilution I would use for this.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Fabric clean&protect fits the bill here. Standard dilution is 1:3 but you can use it undiluted for any heavier stains although I would recomend power clean at 1:10 for heavy grease&grime. Always do a test spot first.

44 minutes ago, A&J said:

Fabric clean&protect fits the bill here. Standard dilution is 1:3 but you can use it undiluted for any heavier stains although I would recomend power clean at 1:10 for heavy grease&grime. Always do a test spot first.

Thanks, A&J. I really like the Fabric Clean & Protect method, but since there is no actual stains (alcantara just eventually gets an oily, matted down look after contact with skin) I may even halve the standard dilution. 

Very lightly mist the surface and (again) very lightly agitate with a soft bristle brush, then wipe clean with a soft towel. 

I think Power Clean (even at 10:1) may be too strong for alcantara, but I could be wrong. 

https://www.detailedimage.com/FAQ/Detailing/How-do-I-clean-Alcantara-in-a-car/

• 2 years later...

I use Optimum Fabric cleaner on my shoes......

and i am hesitant to use Optimum Fabric Cleaner on Alcantara. Carpet yes....cloth seats yes....

But I would use Sonax on Alcantara, I have seen sodas spilled on seats and the Alcantara Cleaner mopped it up no issues with the stain in the seat for days. 

Optimum Fabric cleaner is quite foamy/sudsy, and the material to me only feels right once it is "rinsed" say from an extractor