Interior Cleaning: Opti-Clean versus ONR?

gspam1

I clean my vehicle interiors weekly and use Protectant Plus on the dash and interior vinyl, but a weekly application of Protectant Plus seems like overkill.   What would be a better between protection cleanings:  Opti-Clean @ 3:1 or ONR @ 256:1?

In my experience ONR is more than enough to do a weekly wipe down with. Sometimes even that is overkill (as a thorough vacuum is enough) for me, but I'm very fussy with my car. 

I would even look at upping the strength of ONR before moving to Opti Clean (for a maintenance wash anyway).

Having said that, my wife's daily driven car which does the school run every day has a lot tougher life and Opti Clean would make cleaning so much easier, but ONR still gets me out of trouble. It just depends on how the car is used I guess. 

My advice - save the Protectant Plus for every couple of months and go with ONR for the weekly wipe down. 

4 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

I use ONR (or Opti-Clean) as a wipe down agent, then follow up with Protectant Plus (a light cleaner) for protection.  ONR does not protect against UV or revitalize leather. 

How often do you use Protectant Plus as part of the process, Ron? 

I would not over think it and use either one.  I use opti-clean on a weekly/bi weekly wipe down and have no issues.  It does not degrade the protection I have on the various areas unless I scrub very hard.  But for light dust build up it is just fine. 

I˙ll join the party. Interiors are usually a clean place and if you clean your car with ONR every week just soak a towel with it and wipe the interior with that. Like everyone else I use one or the other. If I want a quick fix Ill grab my opti clean sprayer and spray and wipe. Both work fine...dont overthink it.

I can't stand that guy, if it is him from Dallas with bad attitude "wiseguy", and he is too often even wrong? Doesn't do his homework  but states things like that they were facts.  Don't say that video is right because I'm not going to watch it. I clean my interior using ONR but mainly it is the vacuum cleaner that does the job good enough.

1 hour ago, No Soap said:

I can't stand that guy, if it is him from Dallas with bad attitude "wiseguy", and he is too often even wrong? Doesn't do his homework  but states things like that they were facts.  Don't say that video is right because I'm not going to watch it. I clean my interior using ONR but mainly it is the vacuum cleaner that does the job good enough.

Fair enough. He just uses the ONR dampened microfiber technique but also pre sprays with APC (if needed) at about 10:1, dries with another cheap microfiber and then blows out crevices with air. An uncomplicated technique that works I thought. *shrug*

He is often loud mouthed, opinionated and I very often disagree with him. I just skip the videos where he rants about something silly.

For notice he often says he loves ONR. He is not dissing the OPT line directly but he sees flaws in the product/ wash procedure.

In a way you guys should be proud you are using a great product line (OPT of course) because Scott uses it as a benchmark to compare everything else.

45 minutes ago, A&J said:

For notice he often says he loves ONR. He is not dissing the OPT line directly but he sees flaws in the product/ wash procedure.

In a way you guys should be proud you are using a great product line (OPT of course) because Scott uses it as a benchmark to compare everything else.

I agree with this completely.

He may seem like he's being tough on Optimum, but I was watching his video about another brand who happens to be based out of New York releasing his own rinseless (or waterless) wash and he was very tough on it as well. It's healthy to question and even criticize  products and procedures at times. I found myself agreeing with a lot of what he said. He is a loudmouth and very opinionated but some of his videos are great. His video on washing car mats in particular blew my mind because I would never think like that (i.e outside of the detailing industry for products). 

Having said all that, I heard him trying to explain polymers in a video and it was a real face palm moment. Stick to what you know Scott, and that's cleaning dirty cars.

I use Protectant Plus every time I wash my cars, and frequently in between - no problem with accumulation.  As to Scott, I think he makes good points (if in lecture mode) and we've seen that vehicles need periodic decontamination, only wonder why he specifies Optimum/ONR, there are many rinseless products.  I asked Dr G about rebuttal, but David feels Scott is connected with a competitor and refused to get into a debate.