Sign in to follow this  
maan

HPCS without ONR

Hi, what if i use the HPCS correctly as instructed but I do not have ONR available for the pads, what is the alternative?

1- use a dry pad

2- dampen the (clean) pad with just water

Dampen the Clean pad with water. 

I wonder about using Opti-Clean as an alternative to ONR.  It would be more expensive but ignoring the cost, would it do a similar or better job?

2 hours ago, Lowejackson said:

I wonder about using Opti-Clean as an alternative to ONR.  It would be more expensive but ignoring the cost, would it do a similar or better job?

Dont know but OID would be cheaper.

22 hours ago, Lowejackson said:

I would think the sealant aspect would not be beneficial.  Not to mention it takes some effort to remove all the streaking unlike ONR which is easier to wipe off.

2 hours ago, The Guz said:

I would think the sealant aspect would not be beneficial.  Not to mention it takes some effort to remove all the streaking unlike ONR which is easier to wipe off.

There is a sealant in Opti-clean?  I don't recall any streaking with Opti-clean or are we talking about OID?

Nope Opti clean can streak and yes it does contain a slight sealant inside similar to ONR just stronger.

3 hours ago, Lowejackson said:

There is a sealant in Opti-clean?  I don't recall any streaking with Opti-clean or are we talking about OID?

Yes it contains it.   Mentioned in about the 16:10 min mark in this video. 

It does streak especially in the warmer climate such as Southern California.  I no longer use it for a waterless wash on the paint.  Pretty much use it for interior maintenance wipe downs and engine bay touch ups. 

Interesting, I guess the colder climate here in the UK means less smearing.  I too prefer Opti-clean on the interior but this is because of simple laziness, ONR takes less effort to wash the exterior.  The only times I used it on the exterior was when the car was quite dirty and I sprayed it rather than ONR before washing with ONR