BRS Storage and Care

I recently received my BRS and was curious how to care for and store the sponge. It's currently floating in my bucket of ONR, which I figured it would be the best place to store it, but I just read here that keeping the solution for an extended period may cause some issues. So my question is what should I do with the BRS between washes? 

Some aparantly had issues with bacteria forming...I personaly never had an issue. If you use distilled water you are not gonna have that problem.

I ussualy just empty my buckets and keep my sponge stored on a grit guard inside the bucket.

I store the BRS in a covered bucket with ONR solution (about half way) and with my clay towel draped over - keeps the sponge and towel moist but not soaked.  Occasionally I add to or replace the solution - I go by feel and smell, there's no timetable for frequency, assume it's dependent on bacteria growth.

• 1 month later...

I wash the car twice a week with distilled water and ONRWW. I keep the solution for 2 washes then discard it. However I do leave the BRS in the ONRWW between washes. After the second wash I dump the ONRWW rinse the sponge and leave it sitting on the Grit Guard in my bucket(top off) to dry. I’ve never had any issues with the sponge or solution.

Archived