Decon Process

avimore

Hi guys,

I'll be getting my car ready for polishing so I wanted to run my decontamination process by the experts first:

1.   Use decon car wash soap to remove existing wax/sealant

2.  While the surface is still wet, spray Ferrex to all panels, let dwell for a few minutes then rinse with hose water

3.  While the surface is still wet, apply MDR to paint/glass with a microfiber applicator, let dwell for a few minutes then rinse with hose water

4.  Dry the car to avoid water spots, then clay using ONR as clay lube

5.  Final wash to remove any clay residue, then dry to prepare for polishing

I would like to know if Ferrex and MDR are more effective when applying to a dry car, or can they be used directly onto a wet/cool surface?

Also, as long as I'm not in direct sun, can I apply MDR to the entire car before going back and rinsing?

Is there anything else you would add/remove or re-arrange the order in this process?

Thanks.

Do you have water spots on the car?  If not then no need to use MDR. 

Keep it simple and this is what I would do

1. Ferrex.  If the paint is not that dirty you can use that over the dry surface to not dilute the product with water.  If it is too dirty wash and dry first then use Ferrex.

2. Rinse the Ferrex from the surface and proceed with your normal wash

3. Clay

4. Paint prep if you want to take an additional step after claying to remove any clay lube residue.  No need for an additional wash. 

5. Polish

6. Protect

7. Maintain

On 26/08/2018 at 3:46 AM, The Guz said:

Do you have water spots on the car?  If not then no need to use MDR. 

Keep it simple and this is what I would do

1. Ferrex.  If the paint is not that dirty you can use that over the dry surface to not dilute the product with water.  If it is too dirty wash and dry first then use Ferrex.

2. Rinse the Ferrex from the surface and proceed with your normal wash

3. Clay

4. Paint prep if you want to take an additional step after claying to remove any clay lube residue.  No need for an additional wash. 

5. Polish

6. Protect

7. Maintain

Thanks for your response.

Yes, unfortunately the car does have some water spots.  Do you suggest using MDR after the normal wash and before claying?

Would I need to dry the surface before using MDR?

Archived