Power Clean on Wheels with Gloss-Coat

avimore

After applying Gloss-Coat to the wheels, is it safe to do regular maintenance cleaning with OPC at a 3:1 dilution?

I know that Gloss-Coat is only a semi-permanent coating so I just want to make sure that I don't strip the Gloss-Coat at this dilution ratio.

Thanks.

I would try OPC at a higher dilution ratio on coated wheels.  I have found ONR is great at cleaning coated wheels but there are times when something a little stronger is required.  Make up a small amount at say 5:1 or 10:1 and see if that works.  No point using a stronger product if it is not needed. 

On 23/09/2018 at 6:33 AM, Lowejackson said:

I would try OPC at a higher dilution ratio on coated wheels.  I have found ONR is great at cleaning coated wheels but there are times when something a little stronger is required.  Make up a small amount at say 5:1 or 10:1 and see if that works.  No point using a stronger product if it is not needed. 

Truth is my wheels don't get that dirty after changing to ceramic pads, so you're right, it's best to start with least aggressive and work up from there as needed. 

I just ordered an IK Foam sprayer so I'll be playing with PC dilution ratios and see what works best. 

Thanks!

On 20/09/2018 at 2:36 AM, Ron@Optimum said:

Power Clean will not remove Gloss-Coat, you are safe to use it on wheels, etc.  Power Clean WILL strip wax, sealant, tar, etc.

Ron, I was reading that Gloss-Coat has a durability of 2+ years which I know can vary depending on a number of factors.

You mentioned PC will not remove Gloss-Coat, but will regular use of PC degrade the coating over time and reduce the 2+ years of durability?

Thanks.

Coatings, by nature of its material, are highly chemical resistant. Something like PC is not going to do much, if anything, to a properly cured coating. You will do more damage physically scrubbing and abrading the coating than the chemical itself will. 

I have had Gloss Coat on my wheels for almost a year. Foam them with 10:1 PC. Let it sit a bit. Wipe them with a towel soaked in ONR. Dry and done. 

Archived