Opti seal as topper

Christopher

Hi guys,

i am not sure if this topic has been discussed before. Let say for example I coated my car with carpro cquartz, instead of using reload as a topper, is it possible to use opti seal instead. I was thinking of using other brands of coatings but I still want to do rinseless wash due to lack of running water. I want to use optiseal as a drying aid as well.

Much  appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Could I use car wax on top of this? I currently have a spray on SiO2 scellant and I would like to wash using ONR and opti-seal as a drying aid like Christopher here,then add optimum car wax for added shine. Would this work?

Thank you!

If you have an Opti-Coat installer near you (or willing to order direct from Optimum) you might want to consider getting Opti-Coat Hyper Seal as a drying aid.  It is SiO2 based so should work better with ceramic coated cars.  Based upon my experience though, you should change product to a different sprayer (puts down too much product with full spray) or make sure you only do partial pull of sprayer per panel otherwise it will streak (very concentrated).  I find the shine and slickness from Hyper Seal to be far superior over Opti-seal.  You may even like the shine enough that you will not feel the need to apply wax afterwards.  

I find it a great value as well ($5 more than 8 oz Opti-seal but get twice the volume at 16 oz).  Only issue is finding place to purchase as it is only sold at Opti-Coat installers or direct from Optimum store.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:36 AM, Detail Mutant said:

If you have an Opti-Coat installer near you (or willing to order direct from Optimum) you might want to consider getting Opti-Coat Hyper Seal as a drying aid.  It is SiO2 based so should work better with ceramic coated cars.  Based upon my experience though, you should change product to a different sprayer (puts down too much product with full spray) or make sure you only do partial pull of sprayer per panel otherwise it will streak (very concentrated).  I find the shine and slickness from Hyper Seal to be far superior over Opti-seal.  You may even like the shine enough that you will not feel the need to apply wax afterwards.  

I find it a great value as well ($5 more than 8 oz Opti-seal but get twice the volume at 16 oz).  Only issue is finding place to purchase as it is only sold at Opti-Coat installers or direct from Optimum store.

My experience with the new Opti-Coat sprayers has been all bad.  Two Hyper-Seal sprayers broke with a couple of uses, and the same issue with a new bottle of Carpet and Fabric cleaner.   The older blue bottles continue to perform great.

Archived