TIRE PROTECTION AND COATING

Ron@Optimum

39 minutes ago, Ron@Optimum said:

still an American company, Lowe

Indeed but with a global market.  Don't take me seriously with this Ron.  The British are a confused nation when it comes to metric and imperial, we buy milk and petrol in litres but consider distance/speed in miles except for short distances where we use centimetres .  We use Kg for weights except for babies who are still measured in Pounds and ounces

23 minutes ago, No Soap said:

Isn't America a part of EU? 😇

To complex for me, I and almost everyone else is not entirely sure if the UK is/will be part of the EU

7 hours ago, Lowejackson said:

Indeed but with a global market.  Don't take me seriously with this Ron.  The British are a confused nation when it comes to metric and imperial, we buy milk and petrol in litres but consider distance/speed in miles except for short distances where we use centimetres .  We use Kg for weights except for babies who are still measured in Pounds and ounces

To complex for me, I and almost everyone else is not entirely sure if the UK is/will be part of the EU

Don't feel bad, we're pretty confused here in the US.  There was an effort to change to the metric system in the mid-70's, but it failed.  All the cars went to metric fasteners, except for things they perceive will be wrenched by people who can't figure out metric, or won't have metric tools, like lug nuts and oil drain plugs.  And then we have some things that are sold in liters...like olive oil and bottled water...but not milk or orange juice or motor oil.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My first tire with this coating.  Generally easy to use, a few uneven spots but probably used too much product trying to get into the all the grooves of my off road tires.  Can really only see under the bright LED lights in my garage.  Doing it by hand is quite the arm workout on 35" tires.

IMG_0743.jpg

Tip for those with complex tire treads to get an even coat.  Work the product into the tough parts first and then do a final coat over the full tire.  This way you the treads are coated with the first application and the second coat is focused on evening the product.  Seemed to work for me on the subsequent tires

• 4 months later...

New TPC user here.  How long should one wait before GENTLY cleaning the tyre, after initial application, before applying a second coat? The reason for wanting to do such cleaning is that I may have to drive the car a bit in between. I've been through this process - I waited about 5 hours, and I don't think this is long enough, because my towel hardened, meaning I must have lifted off some TPC.  I used a 2% IPA solution. (just picked something at random - didn't think Power Clean was warranted)