Jdreg

Wash n wax

Hi

Would a wash n wax type shampoo, from a reputable brand , have any positive or negative affect on an OS treated paint.

Thanks 

Sometimes wash products from other manufacturers can have different effects on wax/sealants - but in general there shouldn't be any negative reaction with Opti-Seal.

Depends on the wash&wax shampoo...some will add shine but mask LSP, some will add temporary protection and so on... in short it will definitely change how opti seal behaves.

don't necessarily agree with A&J, depends on the product.  Some but not all can affect shine or water behavior - Optimum does not test our products with competitors.

I’ve read on here that applying wax over OS is ok. Would that depend on the type of wax. Would this be a different situation than the wash and wax. 

It’s just general knowledge for me. I’m moving to all optimum products, and have previous products I can either use up or get rid of.  Two examples are mothers California gold wash  n wax with Carnuba and megs ultimate quick wax. Sometimes at a show you get some samples to try, which can be fun,  but maybe now I shouldn’t. I’m new to this polymer type products and don’t want to mess up.

thanks to all for you time and patience 

I’m with the OP, and have a shelf full of products. You know it’s bad when I’m polymer sealing the trash cans just to use up product. Where’s the lawnmower? Lol

Ha, don't we all have that problem with too many products and not enough things to use them on...sometimes I'm really happy when something goes bad and I can throw it out without guilt.

As far as the question, those wash & wax products shouldn't hurt Optiseal, any more than any kind of wash/abrasion/drying is going degrade your LSP (Last Step Product, wax or sealant), but as previously noted, it may change the beading behavior of the Optiseal temporarily.  So I don't think you're "messing up" by using them.