BRS and hyper-seal review

SOF

First, I’m no way an Opti employee, fanboi, or am being compensated for this review.  

BRS: when I put it in my bucket I thought it was falling apart. Nope. Used it to wash my truck which was Opti glossed last month.  I just drove from FL to MD some snow and ice up north .  The BRS was almost like a magic eraser. Removed grease with just a few swipes.  One thing that caught my eye in a video was Yvan saying it doesn’t stain and is easy to clean.  Basically he drops it in the bucket and poof it’s clean.  That’s exaxtly how it went.  Clean BRS after every rinsing. Unless you want to go through 5 gallons of ONR a wash you need to wring it out and give it a quick shake like Yvan does in the videos.  

Hyperseal: I coated my truck with Opti gloss topped with Optiseal last month.  I used it as a drying agent. I wasnt completely sold on the Opti seal. It worked just didn’t have that “pop”  It was extremely easy to use though.   I tried HyperSeal and OMG it’s spectacular.  Almost like an SI02 spray.  Gives it a smooth and soft touch.   Like velvet.  I’m impressed.

Overall all Optimum continues to produce high quality products. 

Excellent review...and glad you're not an Optimum fanboi.  I used the Big Gold Sponge last night for the first time, and Opti-Seal as drying aid.  I didn't notice any difference between BGS and BRS, other than Gold had a different texture and slightly heftier feel.  I had used Hyper Seal the last wash (probably 5 weeks ago) and wanted to see the difference (and trying to use up my OS).  I can't speak to durability, but OS does not have the same feel or gloss and tended to streak - possibly due to humidity, it's been raining here for 2 days.  Was easy to wipe off.  IMO, Opti-Seal is good but HS is a solid step up!

I agree with the Opti and hyper comparison  Opti seal is good but hyper is great.

I’m very close to being a fanboi.  It’s all I use now. Ease of use and little product to use   

Illbe the first one to get the tire stuff today online.  

I have a sample of Hyper seal and was interested to try it.  My initial impression is it is a good product but I think my preference is still for Optiseal.  Maybe this is because I don't have a coated surface to try it on.  I did however find Hyper is better on the second application.

• 1 month later...

Can you fellows who have used both Opti-Seal and Hyper Seal speak to whether you use the same amount of each?  Is the Hyper Seal a WOWA like Opti-Seal or does it work more like a spray wax?

I'm just a little confused because I see some complaints in the reviews about Hyper Seal pricing, but on a per-ounce basis it's much cheaper than Opti-Seal because the bottle is twice the size...which makes me think you must have to use more of it.

1 hour ago, Setec Astronomy said:

Can you fellows who have used both Opti-Seal and Hyper Seal speak to whether you use the same amount of each?  Is the Hyper Seal a WOWA like Opti-Seal or does it work more like a spray wax?

I'm just a little confused because I see some complaints in the reviews about Hyper Seal pricing, but on a per-ounce basis it's much cheaper than Opti-Seal because the bottle is twice the size...which makes me think you must have to use more of it.

As a drying aid, I find I use about the same amount of Hyper Seal as I was using Opti-Seal (at most maybe 25% more).  I haven't used Hyper-Seal as a WOWA as my cars are coated with Gloss Coat.  The problem is the included Hyper Seal sprayer is a pull trigger which I find puts down too much product per panel which can result in streaking and requires alot more buffing.  I have transferred Hyper-Seal to a different sprayer with better atomization and smaller quantity per trigger pull.   Using a different sprayer, I find the cost between Opti-Seal and Hyper Seal very comparable.  However, Hyper Seal being SiO2 based is most appropriate for painted surfaces only.  Opti-seal is very useful for interior surfaces (vinyl, leather and glass) especially cleaning interior windows to a streak free finish.  In addition Hyper Seal is too aggressive to be applied to a  Optimum coating during the initial 7 day cure time, only Opti-Seal can be applied after one hour of coating application.

I believe Ron has mentioned it contains SiO2 on the forums and Yvan mentioned it during  my Optimization training.  I believe the SiO2 in Hyper Seal makes it significantly more glossy than Opti-Seal but prone to more streaking especially on non-painted surfaces.

When I first tried Hyper Seal I used too much product due to the trigger sprayer vs. finger sprayer on Opti-Seal.  I've dialed it back and now use about the same amount.  Hyper Seal is truly a different formula and superior product (on Coated or uncoated) cars to OS.  It does contain Si02 components for gloss/slickness.

1 hour ago, Ron@Optimum said:

When I first tried Hyper Seal I used too much product due to the trigger sprayer vs. finger sprayer on Opti-Seal.  I've dialed it back and now use about the same amount.  Hyper Seal is truly a different formula and superior product (on Coated or uncoated) cars to OS.  It does contain Si02 components for gloss/slickness.

Ron,

I agree that Hyper Seal is a superior product to Opti-Seal when applied to painted surfaces (Coated or uncoated).  But on other car surfaces (glass, plastics and vinyl), I find Hyper Seal is prone to streaking.  For interior detailing surfaces, I find Opti-Seal a much easier to use product.  For interior glass cleaning alone, I intend to keep Opti-Seal in my detailing arsenal. 

Archived