optimum on golf carts - part 2

Wayward Sun

So, I am a new Optimum convert. After much research and testing the products on my cars, I am sold. By the way, I do appreciate all of the educational materials you have out on the web. It was very helpful to get me to this place.

I am going to be detailing golf carts and am set with ONR,  hyper compound, polish and optiseal. For customers that want the extra protection of ceramics, I have a few questions. 

I am good with Optimum Gloss Coat on fiberglass and plastic trim. 

First, I would like your feedback on the use of Optimum Lens Coat on the plastic windshields. My assumption is that the chemistry is similar to headlight lens, but am not sure. 

Second, Is Optimum Gloss Coat a suitable product for use on vinyl seats and canvas?

My last issue involves the soft vinyl windows curtains. My thinking is that hyper polish with a soft pad would be safe for deep cleaning and restoration. Then, would the lens coat work for protection?

Thanks for all you do.

Since Opti-Lens is formulated for headlights, it is your best choice for plastic windshields.  Gloss-Coat is not suitable for canvas but would work on vinyl.  Optimum Carpet & Fabric Cleaner & Protectant would work on canvas (use it on my convertible top).   

Depending on condition, you might want to consider GPS (Glaze/Polish/Seal) for vinyl curtains - a light polish, it will clean and seal all in one process.  You can coat over GPS, but might not be necessary.

Thanks Ron,

I have to say that putting Optimum Gloss on vinyl is a bit of a mind bender for me. It is hard to translate "ceramic" to flexible fabrics. Does it maintain is longevity in a situation where it is bending and flexing all the time. 

Also, I am wondering if the UV protection of the Lens coating will work if it is only applied to  the exterior surface of the windshield, or will I need to do both sides. This stuff is a bit pricey and from a time/cost basis for the customer, doing one side would be helpful.

Archived