Power clean with onr

Aaron94

I didn't have any problems with streaking (i used OCNR not ONR).  I sprayed each panel one at a time with PC let it soak for a minute or so and then hit it with ONR and dried with hyperseal.  I did not rinse.  I still have this gritty feel on the paint that im guessing is what as refered to as "road film".  My car is gloss coated I did it about a month and a half ago.  To remove this contamination can I use a combo of MDR, FerreX, and PC?? Or do I need to clay bar the vehicle?  I saw Yvan post on another form where he said you could decontaminate with traditional (clay bar) or chemically with MDR, FerreX, PC. 

" As required a decontamination is suggested when you feel the beading is lacking. This can be accomplished by claying, or chemically by washing with Optimum No Rinse(ONR) , then use FerreX, rinse, followed by Optimum Power Clean, Rinse, followed by MDR, rinse, and Optimum No Rinse(ONR) again. " -Yvan

Would that combo remove this gritty film feeling that ONR isnt, or do i need to clay to get that smooth feeling back?

Lowe, I don't remember that observation (not saying it's inaccurate, but that with all the product options, my brain can't retain all info), and I've always recommended removing Power Clean with ONR dampened microfibers.  For fun I did a simple experiment:

I sprayed PC (1:3) on a fender (OCP coated), wiped,  sprayed ONRWW (the only kind I have), wiped again.  There was no streaking though both products seemed slow to wipe off (humid conditions in garage?).  I applied Hyper Seal and it looks fine - but now the rest of the vehicle looks dull, thanks!

Yvan likes the chemical decontamination approach vs. clay and I think it make sense to avoid the potential marring that clay CAN cause.  Downside is it takes multiple products (Dr G needs to find one product that removes the variety of pollutants) and extended time to accomplish.

10 minutes ago, No Soap said:

I think a tar remover is a must if you have real winters with road salt and snow. When is Optimum Tar remover ready? 🤩

FerreX removes tar according to the description.  Luckily for me if you tell your girlfriend how much you love optimum products and show her the neat opti-coat pamphlet that comes with your order she might just buy you some products.  Well my girlfriend did just that and I now have all the decontaminate products (FerreX, PC, and MDR) along with the new tire protection, hyper seal, opti seal, ONR and OCNR.

1 hour ago, Ron@Optimum said:

Yvan likes the chemical decontamination approach vs. clay and I think it make sense to avoid the potential marring that clay CAN cause.  Downside is it takes multiple products (Dr G needs to find one product that removes the variety of pollutants) and extended time to accomplish.

Luckily for me if you tell your girlfriend how much you love optimum products and show her the neat opti-coat pamphlet that comes with your order she might just buy you some products.  Well my girlfriend did just that and I now have all the decontaminate products (FerreX, PC, and MDR) along with the new tire protection, hyper seal, opti seal, ONR and OCNR.

That being said do I just follow his method of "washing with Optimum No Rinse(ONR) , then use FerreX, rinse, followed by Optimum Power Clean, Rinse, followed by MDR, rinse, and Optimum No Rinse(ONR) again. "?  Thats all I gotta do to achieve the butter smooth feeling of claying the vehicle?!

On 1/7/2019 at 5:23 PM, Ron@Optimum said:

Lowe, I don't remember that observation (not saying it's inaccurate, but that with all the product options, my brain can't retain all info), and I've always recommended removing Power Clean with ONR dampened microfibers.  For fun I did a simple experiment:

I sprayed PC (1:3) on a fender (OCP coated), wiped,  sprayed ONRWW (the only kind I have), wiped again.  There was no streaking though both products seemed slow to wipe off (humid conditions in garage?).  I applied Hyper Seal and it looks fine - but now the rest of the vehicle looks dull, thanks!

Thanks Ron, cannot remember who said it caused streaking but it was someone from OPT although it was many years ago.  I think the issue was returning the PC soaked pad or cloth to the bucket of ONR  created the problem.  However, if this is no longer then this is good news.

16 minutes ago, Lowejackson said:

Thanks Ron, cannot remember who said it caused streaking but it was someone from OPT although it was many years ago.  I think the issue was returning the PC soaked pad or cloth to the bucket of ONR  created the problem.  However, if this is no longer then this is good news.

thats where a seperate rinse bucket will help.

Archived