General Questions

Aaron94

I recently had my wheels painted and im supposed to wait 90 days before using any acid wheel cleaners.  Is Power clean considered an acid cleaner?  Is power clean effective for brake dust?  I really want to try out this new tire protection and coating product but per Rons instructions I need to power clean my tires really well and I know some is going to drip onto my rims..

Second question is, is hyper seal/opti seal comparable to carpro reload?  Not in terms of performance i mean in terms of intended use and function.

PC is at ph 11 so its alkaline and yes it can help clean rims. It should be safe on your wheels just dont let it dry. Safe answer is "wait 90 days" 😊

For wheels you could go for a safer option and just use ferrex/rinse/standard shampoo wash/rinse/dry method.

Hyper seal is similar to reload as they are both sio2 sealants. Opti seal is not. In terms of use they are the same but opti seal is more multifunctional as it can also be used for protecting interior plastics / leather / vinyl.

If the painter said wait 90 days then I would wait.  I would then suggest coating the wheels and then do the tyres.  Agree with A&J about Reload and Optiseal,  Reload is a nice product and in my experience has slightly longer durability but Optiseal is more flexible

Somewhere on here Ron or Yvan has talked about this, from what I can remember Hyperseal is recommended for exterior use only but I cannot remember why.

Waiting 90 days might seem a long time but why risk anything, after that cleaning the wheels and tyres will be a quick and easy task.

Well I got impatient before I really did my research and gloss coated 2 of the 4 wheels because I thought I had enough and ran out.. I probably had enough but the black rims hardly show the coat going on so its hard to see if im getting an even coat.  So now I guess 2 of my 4 rims might not "off gas" and fully harden... Im too chicken to polish the gloss coat off unless you have a suggestion for a safe way to do it.  Its been about 30 days since I had them painted

• 7 months later...

I would suspect you're fine with the coated wheels - 90 days seemed excessive and 30 was probably good.  I wouldn't suggest polishing anything.  The reason we don't recommend glass coatings for interior window is due to the hydrophobic characteristics will cause moisture to fog the glass.  Window cleaners without sealant/coatings are fine to clean interior glass.