Clear Coat Restorer

Lowejackson

• 3 months later...

I gave this a go today and it is in an interesting product to work with.  The prep is the time consuming part as the actual application part is 15-20 mins.  I applied it to an entire car.  I went right for it and did not practice on any spare panels.  If the application is good on the first coat then there is no need for a second coat.  If there is some streaking, then wait and apply a second coat.  That will resolve the issue.  The reason for the streaking is the lack of product on the pearl wave applicator towel.  

I did apply it to an area where there are signs of clear coat failure knowing it will not restore it.  It is more of how long will the clear coat restorer prevent the further failure of the clear coat.  

I also wet sanded the headlights and applied this right over the 3K grit sanding marks.  Turned out well.  

I used about about 1/2 of the bottle and knocked over the bottle spilling out 1/4 of it.  Not a big fan of no control when dispensing the product.  Hopefully Optimum resolves that  in the future to allow for better product distribution.  

Time to wait until the 48 hour cure time before polishing and applying a coating.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...