Clear Coat Restorer

Lowejackson

I live in the California and doubt the whole bottle of CCR will be used for my application.  What is the recommended way to safely dispose of the rest of the product if lets say half a bottle is left?  Since it's exothermic and flammable I want to understand the best practices.

Thanks for the quick response!  I was wondering though since I dont have a fridge (without food) that after the second coat whether the left over will be okay with the lid on a trash can?  I can try to use the whole bottle by prepping and using on my second car but that seems challenging and probably just buy another bottle if needed. 

Maybe I could find another fridge and after the 30 days just toss in the trash?

There's no benefit to a 3rd coat, but no negatives.  Not quite sure of your concern - I have CCR in a sandwich bag in my freezer - no fear of leakage or spontaneous combustion.  The 30 days is not a hard & fast rule, just a warning that it's not good indefinitely.  As long as it's liquid, it's good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:25 AM, Lowejackson said:

Just seen the Rag Company video on the Clear Coat Restorer.  Could this be used as a near permanent glaze to hide minor swirls and could it be polished afterwards before applying wax/sealant/coating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cP7hQB3Bz8

there is no need to polish clear coat restorer after. but it can be wax 24 hours later or coated after 48 hours

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:43 AM, Setec Astronomy said:

Answering my own questions and adding a couple more...

Looks like this is for sale already at TRC...any ideas when it will be in the Optimum store?

It's very expensive at $90 a bottle...but then again--sounds like a miracle in a bottle.

Says refrigerate after opening--shelf life 30 days--so, even if you put it in the freezer, it will only last 30 days after you open it?

Do you need to use a respirator if you are using this outside, or only for enclosed spaces?

This seems like it would be a "super-coating"...is it possible/expected that this would be used instead of something like Opti-Coat or Gloss-Coat?

ccr is clear coat in a bottle and not a coating like pro. Its shelf life is most definitely longer than 30 days. I have had it in my fridge at the shop for several months and is perfectly fine. you must use a respirator if you want to keep your lungs lol.  $90 is not expensive considering it will do a whole car and you can charge accordingly.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:26 AM, Setec Astronomy said:

How is the UV resistance of this?  How would this product be for headlights?  Would you use it differently than Opti-Lens?  Would you sand and not polish, then apply this?  Then top with Opti-Lens?

Oh, also...Ron?  Are you going to post an SDS for this?  Were you able to find a way to get them in the Downloads section of the Forum?

And while I'm at it...is it possible to get the thread size on the bottle?  I'm looking at those videos of Yvan and I'm sure I'm going to spill my bottle and waste it all.  I'd like to get a dispenser cap to use just while I'm applying then I'll put the supplied cap back on for storage.

the uv resistance is the same as factory clear. I would stick with sand, polish, and opti lens for headlights

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:39 AM, No Soap said:

Was thinking liket this:

- New car, wash (ONR) and protect using only sealants/waxes of your choice = Opti-Seal for me and Car Wax!
- After some years, apply CCR to cover the marring and again add just sealant/wax for protection.

Thoughts about a procedure like this?

- The clear-coat would only increase, not decrease.
- Even if I would coat the car it would need some buffing like before applying CCR so I would just skip the coating then.
- On the negative side, I couldn't use as harsh chemicals as I could if the car would be coated.

if you bought a new car and coated it with pro plus you would never need to buff it. if you follow to closely to the car in front of you you will take rock damage over time. keep your distance from the car in front of you and that wont happen. your paint will  not mar if you use onr and wash weekly.