Sign in to follow this  
lutzjs

ONR Wash and Wax with Opti-Seal

I currently use ONR Wash and Wax for both my vehicles, and have been watching a lot of videos on paint sealants. I've been interested in Bead Maker as well as Opti-Seal. I prefer how easy it is to apply Opti-Seal, but was watching one of ONR's videos on the rag company about layering products, and it stated that a sealant shouldn't be placed over top of a wax. But that a wax could be placed over top of a sealant. 

If I'm wanting to use Opti-Seal should I purchase ONR Wash and Shine and use that instead of the ONR Wash and Wax? 

not sure what Rag Company video you refer to, but sealants are layered over wax (and vice versa) all the time.  Last weekend I detailed a friends car, washing with ONR with Wax and used Opti-Seal as a drying aid...no issues.  Opti-Seal migrates through wax to the paint.

Btw, you really will notice the wax-look when using that combo, ONR Wash & Wax and Opti-Seal as a drying aid. I was sceptic at first and though there is not enough wax to change the glass/glossy-look of Opti-Seal but our red car proved I was wrong! 😁

The video I was referring to was this one - 

- it was actually a really good video, and talks about the layering of sealants over waxes close to the 2:44 mark. Yvan actually discusses how to use Opti-Seal as a drying aid as well as mentioned above, but he discussed Optimum's Wax in general. I didn't know if the wax used in ONR wash and wax was any different from their spray wax. I'll have to give Opti-Seal a try as a drying aid as mentioned in your replies. 

Yvan confirmed what I've said before,  Opti-Seal over Spray Wax migrates through the wax to the paint providing the wax look and seal durability.  The wax in ONRWW is the same.