Samuel

Optimum gloss coat water spots

Hi,

i just applied optimum gloss coat yesterday. 1h after I added a coat of optiseal and let the car in the garage overnight. Today my car has been exposed to water from my neighbor’s sprinklers and is now full of waterspots. I’m a little bit worried about it. What should I do? Wait for a week before trying some mdr or polish the car and start from scratch?

thank you for your help

If you have ONR at home you can use that and clean the car with it. If you dont wait too long it should hopefully remove all water spots.

Oops... It seemed to do the job when the car was inside, but as soon as I took it out under the sun, you can see there is still a lot of spots present...

water spots can hide - you can try vinegar or go to Optimum MDR.  Water spots will not etch Gloss-Coat but do not use polish, it will remove your coating.  Sometimes on a Coated car, the UV from direct sunlight will cause the spots to disappear.

there is 1 more solution for water spots that will not remove Gloss-Coat.  Acid wheel cleaners that contain hydrofluoric acid (Meguiars Hot Rims Chrome Wheel Cleaner for example) will remove water spots...that's Def Con 1.

Mdr worked on most of the panels. It’s not 100% gone, but a lot better. The only problem I still have is the hood.... It’s impossible to make them go away on my ppf. 

did you apply Gloss-Coat to your PPF?  One of the benefits of Coating over PPF is the chemical resistance it adds.  I can't speak to the affect of hydrofluoric acid on PPF.

Yes I installed gloss coat on the ppf as well

I am thinking about buffing it with my polisher and do the hood again. 

If I do so, donI have a chance to get the spots removed? I’d rather reaply gloss coat and have no spots haha!

I'm not sure why your water spots are so difficult - there are differences in hard water and it's important to remove before they bake on.  The Opti-Seal should provide a sacrificial barrier too.