Hyper Seal application

BimmerBoy

Hello. I just ordered a bottle of Hyper Seal and also Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer. I plan to clay bar and Iron X my vehicle. I will then use a panel prep.  After this, I plan to do 2-3 coats of Hyper Seal, and then then the Gloss Enhancer. 

My question is: while applying the Hyper Seal, can it be applied to chrome. My 540i has chrome kidney grills,  chrome inserts on the lower front fenders, a strip on the back bumper and around the doors. Should I avoid those?

Also, how long should I wait between coats of the Hyper Seal? 24hours?

Welcome to the OPT Forum, Bimmer.  Hyper Seal can be applied to chrome with no problem, if it streaks a damp microfiber should remove it.   Additional coats of Hyper Seal will not improve durability but may add gloss.   An hour between Hyper Seal coats and 30 minutes before adding Instant Detailer is sufficient.

1 minute ago, Ron@Optimum said:

Welcome to the OPT Forum, Bimmer.  Hyper Seal can be applied to chrome with no problem, if it streaks a damp microfiber should remove it.   Additional coats of Hyper Seal will not improve durability but may add gloss.   An hour between Hyper Seal coats and 30 minutes before adding Instant Detailer is sufficient.

Great!! Thanks for the quick reply!!