ONR to remove power clean (not rinsing)

mattyboof

Say I have some traffic film or similar on a lower car panel that a simple ONR wash would not shift. Could I spray diluted OPC to the affected area then after a short dwell wipe off with onr dampened towel as part of a normal onr wash?

I think the question about rinsing has been raised a couple of times but in different context so sorry if this is a repeat.

I think it depends on the dilution ratio of OPC being used.  At a 5:1 dilution ratio, I think wiping with a dripping wet (not just dampened) ONR microfiber towel is probably OK without leaving much residue or potential quick spray with pump sprayer with ONR solution then washing as per normal would be better.  At higher OPC dilution ratios, I would definitely recommend flushing with a decent amount of water.  When I have used OPC at a 3:1 dilution ratio on my rims and tires, I have to typically flush the area for a good minute or two using my Worx Hydroshot  (battery powered pressure washer that puts out only nominal 0.5 gpm and 320 PSI) before I stop seeing white suds from the OPC.

When I do a decon wash with OPC at 5:1 on the paint, I will initially wipe away with ONR dampened towel but always follow up a quick rinse of water to ensure no residue is left.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2019 at 10:42 PM, Detail Mutant said:

I think it depends on the dilution ratio of OPC being used.  At a 5:1 dilution ratio, I think wiping with a dripping wet (not just dampened) ONR microfiber towel is probably OK without leaving much residue or potential quick spray with pump sprayer with ONR solution then washing as per normal would be better.  At higher OPC dilution ratios, I would definitely recommend flushing with a decent amount of water.  When I have used OPC at a 3:1 dilution ratio on my rims and tires, I have to typically flush the area for a good minute or two using my Worx Hydroshot  (battery powered pressure washer that puts out only nominal 0.5 gpm and 320 PSI) before I stop seeing white suds from the OPC.

When I do a decon wash with OPC at 5:1 on the paint, I will initially wipe away with ONR dampened towel but always follow up a quick rinse of water to ensure no residue is left.

interesting topic i wanted to revisit

would it be possible to use power clean at a 10:1 ratio to clean wheels and tires

then use a sprayer with onr and the wheel brush dipped in ONR to finish the job and eliminate rinsing altogether?

thanks!

Darrvao777

As Ron stated, 10:1 ratio may not be strong enough unless you are cleaning your rims and tires very frequently (ie weekly or less).  As long as you are drying the  rims afterward (to avoid polymer spots from ONR), it should work at  10:1 ratio.  If your drying method is using a microfiber towel (instead of forced air), then higher ratio may be successful as well since a significant amount of the PC residue will be absorbed into the drying towel.

happy to report it worked

powerclean 1:10 in an iK foamer 

rinsed off with onr 1:16 in an iK sprayer 

agitated with body and wheel brush dipped in onr 1:256

agitated with brs (dedicated to wheels only) dipped in onr 1:256

agitated with soaking wet microfiber dipped in onr 1:256

one spritz of opti seal

dried with wringed out microfiber from above

wheels are clean, no damage to my gloss black aluminum wheels, hose/pressure washer/deionizer combo has decommissioned  for the time being 🙂