BRS - Rinse with a hose.

mattyboof

Im an ONR convert for sure but I have been using the multi towel method.

I have decided to take the plunge, go all in and get a BRS (well almost all in). I'm still being cautious for now and don't want to keep dipping a dirty sponge into my ONR solution (just yet), but at the same time I don't want another bucket of water to drag around the car. 

Does the BRS rinse reasonably well under a hose / pressure washer? Before I wring out and dip back in my ONR? 

Many thanks

4 hours ago, mattyboof said:

Im an ONR convert for sure but I have been using the multi towel method.

I have decided to take the plunge, go all in and get a BRS (well almost all in). I'm still being cautious for now and don't want to keep dipping a dirty sponge into my ONR solution (just yet), but at the same time I don't want another bucket of water to drag around the car. 

Does the BRS rinse reasonably well under a hose / pressure washer? Before I wring out and dip back in my ONR? 

Many thanks

You can, I use the one bucket method personally but I would think dunking and wringing in a second rinse bucket would be easier than hosing off each time 

Just be careful not to dilute the ONR-solution more, if you think about only having water in the rinse-bucket. I have our 2 cars corrected since 2 years ago and I'm only used one bucket ONR wash with the BRS since a year without any problems. I rinse the car (often foam) when the cars are really dirty.

Same here, I put ONR in my foam cannon just to more easily pre-rinse the vehicle

Then I do a 1 bucket ONR wash with the BRS

I prefer it much more than the traditional two bucket car wash with soap (I get to work in my air-conditioned garage, I don't have to worry about the suds of the soap flying everywhere like I do with regular car shampoo/soap, and I dip a clean MF in the ONR solution before I get started to clean my interior too)

I also enjoy working in my air-conditioned garage and thanks to ONR I can wash our cars there. I can't use a lot of water because there is no proper drainage (the one in the floor goes straight outside). There is still one problem with both ONR and soap, if you have leaves, other stuff from trees, on your car, they will leave sitting on the top of the ONR/soap-solution and are a mess to work with if you are washing using microfiber towels, much easier with the BRS but still I don't like it, but what can you do about nature? :)

On 9/27/2019 at 8:55 PM, darrvao777 said:

Same here, I put ONR in my foam cannon just to more easily pre-rinse the vehicle

Then I do a 1 bucket ONR wash with the BRS

I prefer it much more than the traditional two bucket car wash with soap (I get to work in my air-conditioned garage, I don't have to worry about the suds of the soap flying everywhere like I do with regular car shampoo/soap, and I dip a clean MF in the ONR solution before I get started to clean my interior too)

Interesting on the foam cannon with ONR, what sort of dilution do you use in the cannon? Do you do this after an initial rinse?

Thanks everyone for your responses.

7 hours ago, mattyboof said:

Interesting on the foam cannon with ONR, what sort of dilution do you use in the cannon? Do you do this after an initial rinse?

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I kind of do it the other way around

I mix 2 oz of ONR to 32 oz of water in the foam cannon and spray that all over the car first to start emulsifying and encapsulating dirt (knowing that as water starts propelling that mixture it will dilute it down even further)

Then I rinse the car off using deionized water and bring it into the garage

From there I start the traditional ONR process with the BRS.

I find with that process that my car is never “too dirty” for ONR and I can come back to the wash process at a later time (e.g. pre soak and rinse while there is still light outside and then i can can resume washing the next day or later that night in the comfort of my garage after all the rug rats have gone to bed, allows me to break up the washing process into smaller pieces)