Why use ONR vs ONR with the wax

Say for example you want to use another product for protection? In that case you don't want to mix different products that you have no idea of how they work together? I also don't like the idea to have wax (even if it is not much) on my steering wheel when cleaning it with ONR. The "blue stuff" is more versatile but I have both. :)

No Soap has it right, many enthusiasts have their favorite waxes/sealants and don't want to mix.  FYI, I use mostly ONRWW including on my interior and have never had any issue with the wax.  The amount of wax in the mix is small and doesn't have the durability of waxing as a separate function.

I have a fondness for ONRWW because I helped Dr G create it - we blind tested samples on our cars for durability, appearance, and slickness.  Roberto (Warehouse Mgr) tested the slickness by hand because he had the best sensitivity.  The impetus to develop ONRWW came from you guys - people were adding wax to ONR on their own and Dr G felt he could formulate a superior product from scratch.  A little OPT history...

Ok thank you.

So if one has their car coated with the Opti-coat pro + and we are using Opti-coat no rinse it's fine to use optimum products as well?  I'm sure it's fine but your statement in regards to another product just made me wonder and I want to make sure.  

I've been a Zaino guy since the early 2000's so this is all so new to me.  

You will really like the new car care technology.  The Opti-Coat line is formulated for better performance on ceramic coatings and is your best choice.  Having said that, Opti-Coat will work on non-coated paint AND Optimum will work on ceramic coatings.  Not all Optimum products are available in the Opti-Coat line, including No Rinse Wash & Wax and Opti-Clean.

7 hours ago, Toothdoc said:

I've been a Zaino guy since the early 2000's so this is all so new to me.  

I'm glad that Zaino recently took their "what's new" page off their website, since there hadn't been anything "new" since 2007.  I don't know why they haven't kept up, even  though they were first to market with a WOWA sealant (which I believe was the last "what's new" entry).  You'll like the Optimum products.  If you've got a coated car and aren't using the Opti-Coat washes, I'd use the ONRWW just because it gives you (theoretically) a little more lubricity and protection.  But, it is a little more expensive than the regular ONR.  Of course it's all relative, the Opti-Coat maintenance products are more expensive than the regular Optimum products and are a little bit like Zaino in some regards (no bulk products, etc.)  You really can't go wrong with any of the Optimum products.

I actually came on here to post a topic coming from the opposite perspective and then saw this thread. I have both ONR and ONRWW. To be honest, I don't notice much of a difference (if at all) between the two. I've used them on several cars, one of which was coated with GC. But the others were either uncoated or sealed only. I'm considering dropping the ONRWW from my personal lineup after I run out.

Do other people notice any sort of difference when using ONRWW? If so, what is it that you notice? Is it something visual? tactile? ease of cleaning? something else? Why should I continue buying/using it?

I think it's mostly mental.  Peace of mind having a bit of the UV protection and as I said a little more lubricity (theoretically).  I noticed nice beading on my car in the rain after I used the ONRWW last weekend...but it's been a while since I did a wash with regular ONR, so I dunno if that's any different, really.

It's kind of funny in the forum world, maybe it parallels a lot of other things...we seem to have a polarization in wash thinking...one group wants a wash with no gloss enhancers, no wax, no nothing, and at the same time there is a trend towards wash n' wax products in both rinseless and conventional.

1 hour ago, bird-keeper said:

Do other people notice any sort of difference when using ONRWW? If so, what is it that you notice? Is it something visual? tactile? ease of cleaning? something else? Why should I continue buying/using it?

ONR W&W is to me a little more lubricated and it leaves a short lasting form of protection behind that lasts about 7-14 days in my world. It beads nice after wash but it fades away quickly.

I personaly would just use ONR blue and opti-seal (as a drying aid) or Car wax which would offer much more protection then just ONR W&W...

If the products were at the same price then w&w would have an advantage but since its slightly more expensive I dont see any reason to buy it instead of regular ONR.

13 hours ago, Setec Astronomy said:

I think it's mostly mental.  Peace of mind having a bit of the UV protection and as I said a little more lubricity (theoretically).  I noticed nice beading on my car in the rain after I used the ONRWW last weekend...but it's been a while since I did a wash with regular ONR, so I dunno if that's any different, really.

It's kind of funny in the forum world, maybe it parallels a lot of other things...we seem to have a polarization in wash thinking...one group wants a wash with no gloss enhancers, no wax, no nothing, and at the same time there is a trend towards wash n' wax products in both rinseless and conventional.

I agree with the mental part and that's why I stick with ONRWW

I use Bead Maker as a LSP / drying aid and it seems to play well with almost everything so I don't worry about the little bit of carnauba in ONRWW

This might be in my head but I'll have to pay attention to this. I also use ONR / ONRWW in a iK sprayer almost as a quick detailer spray or pre-soak spray. For some reason, it feels like regular ONR shoots out of the sprayer more easily than ONRWW. It's something I'll have to pay attention to as I alternate between the two products currently.

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2019 at 10:34 AM, Setec Astronomy said:

I also use both  I like the fact that onr with wax  gets wax into all the gaps between panels and spaces were water runs  I use the foam  wash mitt and squeeze  it so the products run down these  gaps  then use the opti spray  wax to dry  

• 8 months later...

I like both products 

Today I did a  presoak with onr using ik foam sprayer waited a bit then rinsed car then washed car with onr with wax  came  out nice alot of dirt was removed with the pre soak    

• 5 months later...

I use both with and without wax. Onr itself is protection  I am sure that optimum spray wax is what you want to use for some  added protection.  I like that onrww  because  it gets a little wax  in all the  gaps .