Setec Astronomy

Yvan Retiring?

I guess I should have added that he said ONR is a great product but what he likes about the 914 McKees is that it leaves nothing behind, ONR leaves some Polymers on the service which it has cleaned. 

3 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

I don't test competitive products but I can't say that DR G doesn't...

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought in the past you've told us that Dr. G/Optimum doesn't test competitor's products.  That's great if he has started to do that, it will certainly give him more perspective.

EDIT:  Here's something from a few months ago that apparently gave me the wrong idea:

I don't get the confusion, Setec, I didn't test RainX, in my experience most chemicals don't bond to coatings (including Opti-Glass) and that's what I said.  I also don't know if Dr G actually tests competitors, but I know he checks out their chemical composition and his experience tells him if they're better or not.  He is very confident that the new ONR is equal or better than the competition and only time will tell.

44 minutes ago, Ron@Optimum said:

I don't get the confusion, Setec.  I also don't know if Dr G actually tests competitors, but I know he checks out their chemical composition and his experience tells him if they're better or not.

I guess I'm easily confused.  I had thought that many times in passing you had said something to the effect that "OPT does not test other manufacturer's products", but you've cleared it up now.  Sorry for the confusion.

To be more accurate, I have never seen OPT test our products with competitors - one on top of the other - to see how that react.  I know of 1 case where we comped the results of an Optimum product against a competitor - Meguiars polish, which was the standard - during development of Hyper Polish.  Whenever I'm asked how this product would work on ours, or vice versa I respond that we don't test that way...and we don't.  Hope that clears it up -

On 11/9/2020 at 11:47 AM, Setec Astronomy said:

You know I love Optimum Ron...but many times you will tell us you can't compare any other products to Optimum products, because you/Optimum/Dr. G don't test competing products...if that is true, then how do you know that ONR is superior to anything else in the marketplace?

One great truth about Dr.G and Optimum is that what Dr. G. says is always accurate. If he says that pro plus is 2 microns thick then thats how thick it is. If he says that the new onr is the best no rinse wash then its true. These youtube guys that test multiple products have a bias. They are not looking at the science. I don't have to test another coating against opti coat pro 3 to know that there is no other coating that can compare to it not even pro plus. I know this because of the science and its performance by those trusted reps that put it through the wringer. If Dr. G backs a product with a fact you know it can be trusted.