ONR Blue vs ONR Yellow

BenBos

• 2 months later...

Thankfully a straightforward answer. Only wish you had clearer naming and abbreviations for your products - both referred to as ONR, but different. Same again for MDR in the Optimum and Opti-Coat versions, or identical product costing more due to fancier packaging and selling channel (dealer only)?

• 2 months later...
On 12/13/2019 at 8:20 PM, Ron@Optimum said:

yes, the yellow ONR (Opti-Coat) can  be used in all the ways the blue ONR (Optimum) can be used.  The Opti-Coat version is superior on Coated cars.

Do you know what makes Opti-Coat NR superior on coated cars?

21 hours ago, hokiedood said:

Do you know what makes Opti-Coat NR superior on coated cars?

Opti-Coat No Rinse includes a Gloss Enhancer similar to that found in Optimum Instant Detailer which will improve the shine of any vehicle over the use of standard ONR.  However I found when using a drying aid such as Opti-Coat Hyper Seal with OCNR can result in slight streaking that requires additional passes with drying media .  I prefer to use standard ONR with Hyper Seal to avoid the streaking issues.  I think the combination of gloss enhancer in OCNR plus drying aid is too much to apply in single step.  So if not using drying aid, stick with OCNR for best results but if using drying aid stick with standard ONR for easier application.