Opti-coat pro+ Newbie Question

Jared

I just had Opti-coat Pro+ installed on my car. Haven’t done the first maintenance wash yet so I wanted to place my first order during the 2 week curing time. 

What is the difference between the Optimum No Rinse product listed under “cleaning” and the Opti-coat No Rinse listed under “maintenance”?  Which one is recommended for use with Opti-coat pro+?

• 1 year later...
On 2/8/2020 at 8:38 PM, Ron@Optimum said:

Both Opti-Coat and Optimum No Rinse will work on all paint, but Opti-Coat products are formulated for ceramic coatings.  Opti-Coat No Rinse will have more gloss and slickness on your Opti-Coat Pro+...

Would this be true for the ONR "optimum" product when compared to the Opti-Coat No Rinse product?

Adding to this topic:  many youtube detailers describe how important claying is towards removing surface contaminants from clear coat.

But somewhat hidden in their remarks is that for a pro ceramic coating, clay baring is not good because it can actually wear that coating down.   For those, chemical decontamination's recommended  (as Pan the Organizer showed for his Pro+ coated car).

Should claying be avoided on a Pro+  (or for that matter any Brand X)  ceramic coated vehicle ?

Mr Outback, I was not sure what you were asking - Optimum ONR will not have more gloss/slickness than OC.  OCP+ can stand up to clay IF you use a great lube we recommend Wax) and are careful.  Clay should not remove OCP+, so marring is the concern.  We recommend chemical decontamination on ceramics...and suspect most clay is overdone.