Catastrofe

Opti-Seal V2.0

The last year or so has seen a lot of new protection products brought to market, mostly ceramic based.  You can’t look at Facebook without getting bombarded by ads for F11, The Last Coat, etc.  For the record, I’ve found the latest version of TLC to be outstanding. 

Does Optimum have any plans to “improve” Opti-Seal?  I know, I know, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, but surely technology (and chemistry) have advanced since the current version of OS was introduced...

If I understood things correctly there is a "constant" tweek done to the products without any bigger marketing efforts involved? Don't know about Opti-Seal but other surely have seen updates. F11 🤣.

Optimum does not announce minor improvements in products, only major changes.  There is a more technically advanced sealant from Optimum, Opti-Coat Hyper Seal.  Hyper Seal was formulated for ceramic coatings, but provides improved performance on all surfaces.  Hyper Seal is available at the online store at opticoat.com under the Maintenance tab.

Unfortunate I have moved on from Opti seal. At least once I’m done with the bottle I have. I am in the turtle wax ice seal and shine crowd now after viewing how good it is.

it is the next best thing to actual coating.

i am however continuing use of optimum car wax for now because of claimed UV protection which is needed for cars that haven’t been Opti coated 

3 hours ago, Kiddetailer said:

Unfortunate I have moved on from Opti seal. At least once I’m done with the bottle I have. I am in the turtle wax ice seal and shine crowd now after viewing how good it is.

it is the next best thing to actual coating.

i am however continuing use of optimum car wax for now because of claimed UV protection which is needed for cars that haven’t been Opti coated 

That’s kinda’ what prompted me to start this thread.  I’ve used the Ice product and it’s great...much more durable than Opti-Seal. The Last Coat performs as well as Ice, and can be applied in the sun. 

I love Optimum products (my wife’s Mini has a full Opti Coat Pro Plus coat, and I wash exclusively with ONR),  but my concern is that Optimum is being “left behind”.  Granted, other companies seem to spend a lot more time and money on marketing....