New to Fourm

CarGal

Hi All,

I am new to the forum.  I have been a Meguiar's gal for years, but have been loving Optimum No Rinse for the last year.  I live in Arizona, and am in sales, so my car is my office. 

I was going to have my new car ceramic coated, but after speaking with Ron today at Optimum, I think I am going to try this regimen.  

I wash my car once a week.  Ron suggested using hyper-seal once every three weeks, due to the harsh sun conditions.  I looked into have a pro cermaic coat my car and its quite expensive.

How do you all think this regimen will hold up here?  I don't garage my car, but will be getting a carport very soon.  Obviously, since I am in sales, my car is out and about all day.

Glad to be here.  I am moving away from Meguiar's products as I strongly believe Optimum has a better product.  While they are not the big kid on the block, I believe they have more science behind their products.  

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome, Tug, a Pro installer is a great asset.  I see you've been active already and appreciate it - feel free to add your 2 cents anytime.  I've been working with Dr G in one capacity or another for 15 years but an not a professional detailer.

7 minutes ago, Ron@Optimum said:

Welcome, Tug, a Pro installer is a great asset.  I see you've been active already and appreciate it - feel free to add your 2 cents anytime.  I've been working with Dr G in one capacity or another for 15 years but am not a professional detailer.

Thank you, Ron. I will help out in any way I can

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 9:08 PM, CarGal said:

Hi All,

I am new to the forum.  I have been a Meguiar's gal for years, but have been loving Optimum No Rinse for the last year.  I live in Arizona, and am in sales, so my car is my office. 

I was going to have my new car ceramic coated, but after speaking with Ron today at Optimum, I think I am going to try this regimen.  

I wash my car once a week.  Ron suggested using hyper-seal once every three weeks, due to the harsh sun conditions.  I looked into have a pro cermaic coat my car and its quite expensive.

How do you all think this regimen will hold up here?  I don't garage my car, but will be getting a carport very soon.  Obviously, since I am in sales, my car is out and about all day.

Glad to be here.  I am moving away from Meguiar's products as I strongly believe Optimum has a better product.  While they are not the big kid on the block, I believe they have more science behind their products.  

It is very true that Meguiars is a mediocre product line and optimum is the leader.

A no rinse wash and some sort of sealant is a good regimen. Keep in mind that without a coating a decontamination using clay or a chemical will need to be repeated several times a year. 

A minimum routine is clay and decon every change of season. This is where a coating comes in. Some say that a coating is really expensive but in reality it is less expensive than wash, clay, and wax, 4 times a year.

Obviously if you wash and wax yourself you will spend very little but paint correction will need to be done on average once every year or every other which removes just a little bit of clear coat.

If you take your car to a pro it will be done to a higher standard and, of course much faster. If we compare wash, clay, wax 4 times a year to a coating the coating may cost $1500, but what will the wax cost? If you spend $600 a year having it done, in 3 years you will have spent $1800. That is only 3 years. 6 years would be $3600 and so on. 

Just giving you something to think about. Happy detailing.