Optimum car soap with ONR

Since using ONR, the need for 2 bucket method is not necessary.

If I were to use Optimum car soap or any car soap for that matter, and add ONR to it, is it still safe to do a one bucket method? Like would the dirt still get pulled to the bottom like in ONR wash?

How much ONR do you add to a soap bucket?

and why would you even want to mix the products?  ONR would encapsulate dirt but you'd still need to rinse the soap off, so use twice the product and not save any water or labor, with no better cleaning - seems like overkill.

• 2 months later...

You can always do a 1 bucket wash even with soap. All you have to do is use multiple wash mitts or microfiber towels to wash your car. Use once and dont throw it back into the bucket so you dont dirty up the water-soap solution. You need about 5-8 cheap mitts or about 4 plush mf towels.

• 1 year later...

Just curious, but with all the "Foaming"shown  on detailing channels, does spray foaming/dwell/spray rinse actually remove vehicle dirt as effectively as a mechanical wash/rinse with your favorite shampoo/rinse-less wash? 

Only time I "foam" is, following pre-rinse or ONR-ing,   when applying M-wash from my IK foam sprayer, which is agitated  with a frequently rinsed dense microfiber mitt before microfiber drying.

I have never found foaming to really remove much of anything, other than loose stuff that would probably wash off with water, anyway.  That's using regular car wash with a foam gun, not a pressure washer/foam cannon.  There are "snow foams" which are popular in Europe that are very strong and are supposed to work better--but they don't really seem to have become a thing here in the US, I'm not sure if there is an environmental regulation which prevents selling a "caustic" product like that for an application in which it will likely be washed down storm drains.  Even if you pressure wash, there will still be film on a dirty car that has to be removed mechanically, but you are blasting off most/all of the abrasive grit that way.

A few years ago I bought a paint sprayer from Harbor Freight that was shown in a YouTube detailing video being used to apply rinseless wash (this is an electric sprayer that has a pickup tube that you put in a can of paint--or a bucket of ONR), I figured this was kind of like a poor man's pressure washer for doing rinseless wash in the winter on a crusty car when your outside faucet is shut off.  So far I have used it....as a piece of furniture--since I haven't even opened the box yet.  Some day.

Lowes Kobalt brand includes a 600 PSI battery powered pressure washer that also uses a pick up tube.  I currently use it for portable spray washing, but not yet on my vehicle.

I also wonder whether it's better to gently wipe off applied ONR with a Big Black Sponge, or a plush microfiber (Rag Company 500 series).  I currently use micro fiber towels gently dragged over the wetted surfaces.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...