Power Clean Testing

Heijneker

@Habs I might indeed have left the Power Clean on the paint for too long. A couple of minutes I think. Hence I want to try a higher dilution next. I'm relying mostly on agitation, and I want the OPC to be easy to remove, so 1:10 may be sufficient in most cases. Worth a try.

I think I read some were here that some one put powerclean in optimum soap to give it a little more cleaning power this might work on a realy dirty car  

20 hours ago, Heijneker said:

Foamed OPC over it, and agitated with TRC Jersey Bug Scrubber. Then rinsed with about 250 ml of ONR at 1:16 (Distilled water). Wiped with ONR wet MF towel. Next washed again with ONR and BRS, wiped with wrung out towel, and dried with Opti-Seal. The car had some nice beading afterwards.

Sad to say, it left, noticeable to me, staining (duhh), which I probably sealed in lol.

wow you had stains from power clean despite rinsing with QD dilution ONR, wiping off with a ONR soaked MF towel, and washing again with the BRS??

@darrvao777 Yes, but the car was really dirty, dark coloured, and had no protection whatsoever. ONR did NOT bead on it all. (It did beautifully) after the wash though, with Opti-seal as drying aid. I didn't use a lot of ONR at 1:16 either, about 250 ml.

It wasn't really noticeable, in the right light, it looked kind of like oil-on-water across the front end. The owner has not noticed it. And no it wasn't from the Opti-seal.

Today I used Power Clean at 1:10 with distilled water (Woohooooo, so cheaaaap) on a pretty hot black car in the sun, with some baked on bug guts. Car was pretty clean though and had some protection, the ONR beaded very nicely right away. ONR and agitation wouldn't remove the bug guts, but the OPC worked perfectly fine to remove them with agitation, took a little more effort it seemed, compared to OPC at 1:3 (duhh). It was SO easy to remove the Power Clean, wow. I applied ONR with the BRS, foamed OPC (Foams very nicely with the IK 2), and wiped with a MF towel. That got it mostly dry. I then reapplied ONR with the BRS and it beaded perfectly right away.

I'll see how this works on a dirty neglected car. Probably not as succesful to remove bug guts, but we'll see.