AMDG75

? Discontinuation of certain Optimum products

Read on the Autopia Forum that Optimum may be discontinuing some products. I have attached the link below.

Is this true? Can someone speak to this? Does this relate to pro-installer lines, or all lines?  This is not the first mention of changes at Optimum on detailing forums, so wonder if there is some truth to this.

I have been addicted to Optimum products for years, as I'm sure just as others on this Forum are secondary to how well the products work. If things are changing at Optimum, please inform your loyal customers. If these are rumors, then please put them to rest.

Thank you.

https://www.autopia.org/forums/car-detailing/191798-optimum-polymer-technology-discontinuing-products.html

Optimum has discontinued Polish ll, Compound ll, and Poli-Seal because the Hyper Twins and GPS had replaced them with more modern technology.  Optimum Finish frankly never sold well and Hyper Polish with a finishing pad provides almost the same results.  The Optimum Clay Towel ran into trademark issues and we had to pull it. 

There have been substantial out of stocks, some can be blamed on the Corona Virus, some on warehouse turnover, and the rest due to increased sales.  OPT has been running sales that have boosted movement at the same time ingredients and packaging became scarce.  Not the best planning, but who could have predicted Covid 19?

Dr G is back to working full time, we're staffing up in the warehouse and in the market place, and thanks to you, sales remain strong. 

With all the changes in company Reps and mentioned or rumored changes coming to the dealer network / product lines which this original post was referencing.  I keep hoping that it means moving back towards the Opti roots of making everything available to the true enthusiast customers that pushed them along in the early stages of the coating wars. 

Is there any chance or talks in making the coatings and other products that have been "Pro Only"  available to the masses?  

I don't see Dr G selling the Pro line of products to enthusiasts anytime soon.  That business has been healthy, in spite of a multitude of competitors, and I know he's concerned about misapplications in a social media world. 

Appreciateupdate/clarifications.  Understandably, when a junkie hears rumors that his supply may dry up, he panics 😱

Obviously, I am pleased with Optimum products. Had Opticoat Pro professionally applied 6 yrs ago, and it is still holding up well. Better in fact than the Ceramic Pro applied 2 yrs ago to my wife's car. So pleased, that I have become an evangelist for optimum products, spreading the gospel to colleagues who share the clean car fetish.

As mentioned, I have been addicted to ONR for some time, and more recently the instant detailer/enhancer, tire protection and the hyper seal products. Having a detached, unheated garage in NE Ohio, makes it challenging for a simple enthusiast who only hand washes our cars to keep things clean - but have found that a couple of 5 gallon buckets of warm water + ONR remains effective in upper 20 degree weather.

So please---don't discontinue these. If you do, give us fair warning 

I sure can speak for that junkie part haha.

I've been on vacation for a couple of days now, cleaned the cars the night before the trip, and layed down some fresh Opti-seal, OCW and Tire Bond. It was so relaxing after a day of stress.

After about 500 km on the cars with some rain-driving, I'm REALLY itching for some ONR right now.....