Can OID replace ONR?

Stupid Question, but can I use OID to replace ONR as a wash as well?
What is in OID that gives the paint an extra gloss?
Is there any benefit to adding wax to it or would I be better off using ONRWW w/ OID as a drying agent?
Can I add HyperSeal to OID for extra gloss?

Also, I should add that the car is opticoated, will adding wax reduce the gloss and should I just stick with hyperseal?

I know I know.. So many questions, thanks in advance!

Soooo mannnnyyyy questions....jeeeezzzzuusss....

can I use OID to replace ONR  - not really...OID is good for a quick wipe over when the car isnt dirty but just a little dusty say after a drive. But opti clean can work as a rinseless wash (use about 20-25ml in a gallon of water)

What is in OID that gives the paint an extra gloss?  - gloss enhancers obviously 😁 its fluoropolimers!

Is there any benefit to adding wax to it or would I be better off using ONRWW w/ OID as a drying agent?  - Just use one or the other...but it also wont hurt if you use one as a drying aid and then the other one to go over it. No harm in that.

Can I add HyperSeal to OID for extra gloss?  - Probably yes but i suggest you use them seperate...use Hyper seal as a drying aid and do your final touches with OID.

Also, I should add that the car is opticoated, will adding wax reduce the gloss and should I just stick with hyperseal?  - your car should be already shinning like a diamond...what freaking more do you want???

Now now A&J, to me, the more questions the better! Seems to me he is very enthusiastic about his car and Optimum products and wants to learn more; Awesome!

As per Yvan's advise (ex OPT-guru); only use OID directly after cleaning the car to remove slight smears and fingerprints (not on glass), and/or to give an amazing gloss (used as a drying aid). It can't really handle dust or dirt particles, which will cause marring.

Optimum products are designed to work together, so they say. So you could expect that using OID, OCW (Optimum Car Wax), and Hyperseal can all be used together, and even on a coated car would increase gloss. I won't expect tóó much difference from OCW and/or Hyperseal on a coated car, but surely OID will make a significant difference (no experience). Rule of thumb for coated cars: don't expect the products/gloss to last, the coating will shed these products quicker than bare paint. OID will maybe last a couple of days.

You can test mixing products together in a spray bottle (if that's what you meant), but it would be an absolute miracle if you can make that work. 

ONRWW with OID as a drying agent will most likely give an amazing result! 

If you have the means, just try out what you think may be a good idea! It's the only way to get a proper answer. And keep us updated when you do!

I will offer a counter to some comments above - OID is an instant detailer, which means it can be used as a light or spot cleaner.  I frequently use it as a stand alone cleaner for a "garage queen" that only get dust/pollen on it.  It has polymers that add a very temporary gloss.  It also works as a drying aid.  You're welcome to use it as a "topper" along with Opti-Seal, Hyper Seal, and Wax that all perform that task.  I believe using multiples of these products is overkill, but we're a for profit company and appreciate obsessive customers who double up on products!

• 1 year later...

Instant detailer is a powerhouse cleaner. Don’t believe me? Spray in on dried bug guts, then tell me.

It’s also highly anti-static. Not much dust on the hood the next day.

But it’s too thick and streaky sometimes to plaster it on like ONR, though I’m sure it would work.

I let ONR be ONR.

You could literally "yes" to all the scenarios you presented and be a-ok. 

The Optimum products work together like a dream. 

My preference as of late is to do an ONR wash and use OID as a drying aide. It's also what I use when I get restless and want to touch up a vehicle. 

One car is Gloss Coated, another car has Car Wax on it, and my car has a hodge podge of various Opti paint protectants. (I wasn't expecting GPS to be so resilient!).

Have fun!