Heijneker

Opti-Seal as Drying aid

I was wondering, for those that use Opti-Seal as a drying aid; how do you keep your towels from becoming hydrophobic?

For me it's a pretty big problem, but I use low quality towels not even meant for drying (16x16, 320 GSM 70/30 Chinese made). They sit several days afterwards as well, before being washed, so worst case scenario basically.

I use Opti-Seal every week as a drying aid, using Rag Company towels (mainly pluffles) and have not had any issues, these towels are nearly 2 years old. The difference I think is that I wash them straight afterwards so they don't sit around having the chance to dry. Have you thought about keeping an extra bucket of ONR to leave them in until washing them? Might stop it drying into the cloth?

I put them straight into a bucket of ONR and they come out fine after washing. Of course I soak the drying towels in ONR before starting drying the next time.

Great to hear, I will soak the towels right after use, I think letting the towels sit and dry up was the cause of my problems. Soaking in Optimum Power Clean at 1:100 to be safe to start with.

I went ahead and bought some real drying towels after using one again. It's a world of difference compared to terry towels in speed and cleanliness. Bought some TRC Double Twistress towels, and want them to keep performing as amazingly as they should.

On 9/19/2020 at 9:14 PM, No Soap said:

I put them straight into a bucket of ONR and they come out fine after washing. Of course I soak the drying towels in ONR before starting drying the next time.

What do you mean with soaking in ONR before drying? You use wrung out towels to dry? I used to do that and worked pretty good mostly.