Opti-Seal after Optimum Instant Detailer Drying Aid

Heijneker

Thanks! For timesaving, but just wanted to know if it was possible basically. 

ONR on itself really amazes me after every wash, due to how it makes the paint look. OID would increase that amazement, while Opti-Seal would provide the longer lasting protection and  improved water-shedding behaviour.

Of course Car Wax would be perfectly suited, but I want to try out different stuff!

When applying to non-coated car maybe not an issue but when I did my optimization training with Yvan Opti-Seal was to be applied 1 hour after coating application (to protect during 1 week cure time) and then if you wanted to boost gloss, OID could be applied half an hour after Opti-Seal.

The main purpose for OID is to enhance gloss which may be partially lost if applied first  with Opti-Seal afterwards.  I would consider reversing yor process with Opti-Seal as drying aid and OID applied afterwards.

9 hours ago, Detail Mutant said:

The main purpose for OID is to enhance gloss which may be partially lost if applied first  with Opti-Seal afterwards.  I would consider reversing yor process with Opti-Seal as drying aid and OID applied afterwards.

Yeah thats what I do! Opti seal is a better drying aid then OID. Whatever water is left in the car seals or whatever streaks Opti seal leaves behind OID will remove those and enhance gloss. I also think that would be the better option.

• 9 months later...

Is it ok to apply OID after applying Opti-Seal?  I have one coat of Opti-Seal on my car now and plan on adding another layer this weekend.  It's been 2 weeks since I applied Opti-Seal.  I was thinking of applying it dry again to ensure even coverage.  I applied a very very thin layer the first time.

I guess the question is does OID add anything to Opti-Seal if I layer it on top?

Thank you