Heijneker

Opti-Seal after Optimum Instant Detailer Drying Aid

As the title implies, can I use Optimum Opti-Seal as intented (WOWA) after having used Optimum Instant Detailer as a drying aid with ONR. Will it migrate under the instant detailer or will it remove it?

And what if, I used BOTH simultaneously as a drying aid? Would that work?

I don't think there's any problem applying Opti-Seal over Instant Detailer.  I can't speak to applying both simultaneously except to wonder why - seem overkill?

Thanks! For timesaving, but just wanted to know if it was possible basically. 

ONR on itself really amazes me after every wash, due to how it makes the paint look. OID would increase that amazement, while Opti-Seal would provide the longer lasting protection and  improved water-shedding behaviour.

Of course Car Wax would be perfectly suited, but I want to try out different stuff!

When applying to non-coated car maybe not an issue but when I did my optimization training with Yvan Opti-Seal was to be applied 1 hour after coating application (to protect during 1 week cure time) and then if you wanted to boost gloss, OID could be applied half an hour after Opti-Seal.

The main purpose for OID is to enhance gloss which may be partially lost if applied first  with Opti-Seal afterwards.  I would consider reversing yor process with Opti-Seal as drying aid and OID applied afterwards.

9 hours ago, Detail Mutant said:

The main purpose for OID is to enhance gloss which may be partially lost if applied first  with Opti-Seal afterwards.  I would consider reversing yor process with Opti-Seal as drying aid and OID applied afterwards.

Yeah thats what I do! Opti seal is a better drying aid then OID. Whatever water is left in the car seals or whatever streaks Opti seal leaves behind OID will remove those and enhance gloss. I also think that would be the better option.