Instant Detailer VS ONR QD

I'm guessing that the Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer makes for a better QD spray than the homemade ONR QD, but is it enough to spring for a 32oz of the Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer? I love the versatility of the ONR QD and in between washes it does a great job with touch ups.

So what's the deal with the Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer? Is it a multi purpose QD OR is it just as advertised...which says dillute it 3 parts to one for a gallon?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Driven Auto Detail
I'm guessing that the Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer makes for a better QD spray than the homemade ONR QD, but is it enough to spring for a 32oz of the Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer? I love the versatility of the ONR QD and in between washes it does a great job with touch ups.

So what's the deal with the Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer? Is it a multi purpose QD OR is it just as advertised...which says dillute it 3 parts to one for a gallon?

Go for the 32oz., if not the gallon. OID could quite possibly be my all-time favorite product at this point. The slickness is indescribable. I've got a gallon and I'll be purchasing more gallons in the future. I can't tell you how much I think of this product.

By the way, I would only use it for "quick detailing" or "gloss enhancing" .

OID is awesome....a friend of mine loves this stuff and ordered some.

ONR is simply great too...I use it as a window cleaner when highly diluted, to clean wheels, I keep some at QD strength in the car for bird bombs, bugs, etc.

Great products....all of them

Go for the 32oz., if not the gallon. OID could quite possibly be my all-time favorite product at this point. The slickness is indescribable. I've got a gallon and I'll be purchasing more gallons in the future. I can't tell you how much I think of this product.

By the way, I would only use it for "quick detailing" or "gloss enhancing" .

Agreed. You ever notice sometimes when you spray it on a panel it actually bounces on the paint??

...or glass cleaning, wheel cleaning, interior wipedowns, use it as windshield wash, etc.

Exactly. A very versatile product indeed.

I use the ONR QD first to clean and then top off with OID to add gloss and slickness. They work great together.

+1

if I can bring this thread back up for another question:

I'm confused about the 'ready to use' 17oz bottle vs the 32 oz. The 32 oz says it is concentrated and can make a gallon. Is that dilluted gallon the same strength as the 'ready to use' smaller spray bottle? The pricing makes it silly to even consider the spray bottle if so. thanks

I use the ONR QD first to clean and then top off with OID to add gloss and slickness. They work great together.

Good point. I don't think OID replaces ONR, rather is compliments it very well. In other words, use ONR when you need something with some strong cleaning ability and you are not so much conerned about gloss. Use OID when you really don't need much cleaning, you just want to spruce the looks of the paint. For the best effect, use ONR to clean your paint and follow up with OID to spruce it up for a great 1 - 2 punch. Similar to how Poorboys markets Spray and Wipe and Spray and Gloss. One is a cleaner, one is a beautifier (probably not a word but you get the point.)

I'm confused about the 'ready to use' 17oz bottle vs the 32 oz. The 32 oz says it is concentrated and can make a gallon. Is that dilluted gallon the same strength as the 'ready to use' smaller spray bottle?

Should be. Just think of it as similar to when you buy Round Up at Home Depot. The Round Up concentrate you mix in your gallon sprayer should be the same as the premix Round Up you can also buy in a spray bottle.

The pricing makes it silly to even consider the spray bottle if so. thanks

I agree but I am sure many will buy it regardless.

• 2 weeks later...

well I've since recv'd my latest order of stuff which included a gallon of ONR and 32oz size of OID. A while ago I got the 32 oz ONR and obviously it's become my favorite overall product. I actually split a gallon with a friend so I'm stocked up for a while.

As for the OID, I used it with the drying phase of my ONR wash this morning. I could tell as soon as I sprayed it and started to wipe that it was way more than just a quick detailer. It almost seems like a hybrid spray wax. Not quite as filmy as spray wax but definitly more substance than a QD. The finish (feel/look) also is somewhat like a spray wax. Nice bubblegum scent and just a couple squirts per panel wiped clean with the new Cobra towels (the grey with black trim). Those are also very nice.

I'll try and snap a couple pics later. All I did was ONR, OID. Plastic trim got Meguire's Trim Detailer, Glass with Stoner and Interior was done with 303. Leather seats with Woolite solution and some OTC Zymol Leather Conditioner.

This is a lot of rambling but in short, I wanted to come back and say I do like the OID!

hey that seems like a good wash method. My only argument is: Does this wash method go against the ONR method in its original form? I've washed quite a few dirty cars with ONR following th edirections and got no scratches or marring. Don't get me wrong, I would love to try this out

, it just seems to waste a LITTle extra product

and Back on topic. This OID spray seems to streak a little more than I like and requires a little extra effort in wiping clean. I even had to follow up with ONR in QD form to clean it off. Take note that my MF towel was brand new, washed with Tide free and my last application was Opti-seal and OCW.

Hoping to figure out what is causing the streaking with this OID.

Archived