When to use a QD in the ONR wash process?

Used ONR for the first time tonight, following the recommended process i see posted everywhere, with good results :cool2[1]:

I have a question about how & when to incorporate a QD into the process though? In my standard (non-ONR process) I use Megs Last Touch sprayed on the wet panel just before drying. As that stage is a thing of the past now, when would be the best step to use something?

I have Last Touch and also QD's that provide a bit more gloss etc, and would like to achieve 2 things:

1. minimise the chances of drying induced marring

2. add a bit of extra bling to the final finish

I'm guessing that if the polymers in ONR can stop dirt scratching during washing, then then lube a soft MF drying towel OK as well? Should I just spray QD on the panel before the 2nd drying pass and use it to buff it off, then move on to wash the next panel?

many thanks

Damon

I'd use the QD after drying, to enhance gloss and slickness. ONR adds its own gloss, so the boost in overall shine will be negligible, but the slickness is always a welcome tactile factor.

You can fine tune your drying technique too. Pat/dab dry with the drying towel, then go over lightly with a high nap plush MF to finish it.

I'd use the QD after drying, to enhance gloss and slickness. ONR adds its own gloss, so the boost in overall shine will be negligible, but the slickness is always a welcome tactile factor.

You can fine tune your drying technique too. Pat/dab dry with the drying towel, then go over lightly with a high nap plush MF to finish it.

Thanks Bence

so you are suggesting getting the panel fully dry and then using a QD afterwards?

I need to work on the drying technique a bit and may even try the leaf blower to see if that works for getting rid of the bulk of the water, before a final pat dry.

Finally stopped raining again, so need to go check for any marring this morning. Hopefully all will be well...

if the car is dirtier than normal, I spray the panel with ONR QD before I plop my sponge/mitt onto it. So rather than just ONR'ing on a dry dirty surface, it already has a layer of QD on it. I guess this also makes it a slightly more concentrated wash since the QD has more solution than the wash water.

Archived