ONR Color Change

I have noticed that if I mix ONR with water lets say for a clay lube or as a quick detailer, the solution is blue, but after a day or so it turns clear, why is that ?

• 11 months later...
I have noticed that if I mix ONR with water lets say for a clay lube or as a quick detailer, the solution is blue, but after a day or so it turns clear, why is that ?

rather than start a new thread I'll bump this for an answer

Mine didn't turn clear but did lighten up a LOT. I have some mixed in a bottle and even in some ID and it still has a very slight blue tint to it...

I will risk my life! The dyes in the product are photo reactive, meaning that in the presence of light they fade. Put one mix in the sun, and the other in the dark, you will get your answer, and the color does not adversely effect the use of the product in any way.

I learned something new today! Thanks for the info Yvan, now you will need to watch you back, someone will be after you shortly. I guess that explains why mine didn't turn clear and his did. Mine is always put away in the garage or stored in the vehicle out of light. :)

I learned something new today! Thanks for the info Yvan, now you will need to watch you back, someone will be after you shortly. I guess that explains why mine didn't turn clear and his did. Mine is always put away in the garage or stored in the vehicle out of light. :)

I was told if you use distilled water it will not change. If you use tap water, it will change. I store ONR and mixed ONR in the same cabinet so I have no idea how the light theory works.

We go through a fair bit of ONR(well most Optimum products for that matter, great stuff) and when we start a new gallon, it's always a diffenet color than the one we are finishing, but the light effects the concentrate much less. As for distilled water we mix all our dilutions with Distilled water(except ONR) and all do get affected by light.

We go through a fair bit of ONR(well most Optimum products for that matter, great stuff) and when we start a new gallon, it's always a diffenet color than the one we are finishing, but the light effects the concentrate much less. As for distilled water we mix all our dilutions with Distilled water(except ONR) and all do get affected by light.

I was responding to the original poster's comments. If you mix ONR and water to create a spray QD or wash, it will start as light blue (ONR's color) and turn clear within a few days. I have not tried it yet but I have been told if you use distilled water it will stay light blue. My undiluted ONR sat on a shelf in the garage for over a year and it did not change significantly.

Archived