Needs the worlds best glass polish!

ehall

I have some areas on the windshield and others that just won't respond to glass cleaner. I need a polish product. What should I use? I'm thinking about using OP and a green pad on a cyclo.... need help please..... :huh:

I have used Bar Keepers friend and a little 9% vinager mixed into a paste. work into the glass with a damp towel.

If you have wiper marks Lake Country Mfg. produces a kit that you can use with a power drill.

I think the part # is GPS-DIY

It contains

(1) 3 7/8" Drill Plate

(1)MF

(1) 2oz polish

(1) 2oz sealant

(1) Polish pad

(1) gel Applicator

Guest Guest

Are you speaking of Interior or Exterior windows?

Interior windows, the Holly Grail of a professional detailer. The issue predominantly caused by toxic chemicals out-gasing from plastic, leather and carpets. I have found water and a dedicated microfiber to be the best choice for me. I’m under the "assumption", what ever is in window cleaning chemical has a reaction with said out-gasing and smears? Dr. G would have to make that call, for I’m only a humble detailer.

Are you speaking of Interior or Exterior windows?

Interior windows, the Holly Grail of a professional detailer. The issue predominantly caused by toxic chemicals out-gasing from plastic, leather and carpets. I have found water and a dedicated microfiber to be the best choice for me. I’m under the "assumption", what ever is in window cleaning chemical has a reaction with said out-gasing and smears? Dr. G would have to make that call, for I’m only a humble detailer.

That was my post, :huh:

ok...i was thinking this was a simple fix, i am sorry. I have used a "regular" glass cleaner before when I was a glazier in a glass shop and we used a product in a spray can called "Sprayway".....very good product as it cleans, but has an ingredient in it as a very, very mild abrasive to assist in cleaning surfaces. You can usually find it at Costco or many glass shops. But by the sounds of it, you have a more detailed issue that I am able to assist with, sorry.

For what it is worth, here is what I have had success with. I use the white pad that comes with the PC, the people usually throw away, with Autoglym's Glass & Chrome polish. It scrubs off the haze left behind by old windshield wipers etc. It also imparts a bit of water resistance familiar to a Rain-x etc.

When dealing with glass you'll always want to DISSOLVE water spotting before you seek to ABRADE away spotting. Same goes for paint also. Steel wool should not be used as todays automotive glass is different from that of years past. Steel wool, even #0000, can leave behind micro-scratches in the glass and these micro-scratches can then get filled in with grit and grime, clouding the glass over time.

Optimum has a spot remover that works fantastic on glass and paint in removing water spots but it has been placed n the back burner for the moment until current products and upgrades are completed.

Currently I am using one of those Mr. Clean eraser pads to clean stubborn glass, works pretty good with straight vinegar.

Anthony

the Mr. Clean erase pads are the most amazing product I have ever used for cleaning!! I was a supervisor for a janitorial company 3 years ago while i was in school and we were in charge of the county libraries and those magic erasers took scuffs of the walls that had literally been there for years!!!! it works and should do no lasting damage to the paint!! great advice Anthony!!!

Right BUllet...great cleaning pads BUT use caution with paint as they can marr a high gloss surface such as paint, wood faux and shiny plastics.

So I would use them only on glass and even then with water or something as a lubricant.

Anthony

• 1 month later...

Archived